We are one of the largest and most respected Property Management companies in the country. We owe our success to our dedicated and hardworking team; our Customer Service Team works closely with our qualified Property Managers, Health & Safety Surveyors, Accountants and Back Office support staff to ensure that we're delivering a Property Management service that is comprehensive and second-to-none. We are proud to have some strong relationships with national and regional house builders and developers as well as with smaller independent clients.
We understand that Property Management can be a challenging industry to work in and we are committed to assisting with the development of our workforce. By recognising this and the hard work you put in, we ensure our employees are armed with the tools they need to provide the best service. Keeping our service levels high and our employees engaged. We offer a wide training programme, investing in our people as we know you're the future of our company. Our programme includes both internal and external courses and workshops, with the opportunity to obtain industry related qualifications.
We are now looking for a tenacious Property Manager who will proactively manage, retain and grow a portfolio of properties, for our dynamic Southampton Office. You will have Block Management experience, dealing with a variety of residential clients, and be highly organised, so as to offer the best service to all clients in your portfolio.
As our new Property Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring Block Management services are carried out in accordance with the lease agreements and the right budget is in place via regular site visits. Your role will therefore include:
- Attending AGM, EGM & RMC meeting as well as regular client and lessee liaison.
- Monitoring collection of service charges to fund necessary works and respond within agreed service level timeframes.
- Coordination and management of maintenance issues with consideration to all parties.
- Prioritise risk management through a full document trail and updating systems in accordance with changes in legislation.
- Delivering a high level of customer satisfaction.
You will be rewarded in your role, you will be rewarded with further related training, development and career progression opportunities. There is also sponsorship for further qualifications including a MSc. Property Management & Investment at De Montford University. We believe our people are our biggest asset. You will be entitled to an annual car allowance and 22 days holiday (increasing with service). You will also be entitled to discounted gym membership, pension plan, life assurance and a host of other company benefits.
- Knowledge and experience in the Block Management sector.
- Understanding of leases and associated legislation.
- Efficient and timely supervision of the Service Charge Accounts associated with each property and strong budgeting management ability.
- An excellent communicator with ability to build and maintain relationships, from Contractors through to Directors of Properties.
- You must have a full clean UK driving licence.
If you don't meet the requirements for this role, call the Block Recruit team to see what other roles we may have which could fit your current level of experience or create an account with us on the website, so we can stay in touch and let you know when other roles to come up. Everyone is of value to us.
- Ideally IRPM or CIH qualified or working toward a professional qualification.
Salary Range & Benefits
This position is paying a competitive salary of around GBP26,000 - GBP30,000 including car allowance. You will be entitled to 22 days holiday (increasing with service), a discounted gym membership, pension plan, life assurance and a host of other company benefits.
Once we have received your CV you can expect to get a call or email within 1 week. Unfortunately, if you don't meet the minimum requirements for this position then you may not be contacted for this role. However, we would still love to discuss other opportunities suitable to your current skill set and experience and how we can assist you in your employment search. Give us a call for a confidential careers chat today!
For more information on this position or to have your questions answered, please do not hesitate to give Mike a call. In the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take???
Contact: Mike Barlow