Youth Support Workers in Charge
Youth Support Workers in Charge - YC Hertfordshire
£11.46 - £13.08 per hour (JNC 11-14)
18 hours per week, for 36 weeks per year term time only. 4 evenings per week, plus flexible daytime hours
Additional hours during term time and school holidays are potentially available
Do you have experience of working with young people?
Do you have the skills to lead a small team of staff to enable young people to learn, develop and succeed?
Hertfordshire County Council is a leading local authority with a highly regarded YC Hertfordshire service which delivers targeted prevention and early intervention work to improve outcomes for young people.
We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated and imaginative people to deliver high quality informal education opportunities to young people to promote personal and social development.
You will deliver programmes to develop young people’s confidence and self-esteem, enable them to learn new skills and enhance their employability. You will be working with those who are challenged in education, their community or home life. This is an excellent opportunity for those who want to make a difference to the lives of young people and develop their career in working with young people.
You will supervise and performance manage a small team of youth support workers and volunteers to plan, deliver and evaluate engaging and educational youth work programmes. You will need to have paid or voluntary experience of working with young people and the ability to identify their needs.
IT skills are essential as you will be required to record data on management information systems.
We have opportunities in most teams across the County which you will need to be able to travel independently to. Team locations are:
- Broxbourne - including Cheshunt, Waltham Cross and Hoddesdon
- Dacorum - including Hemel Hempstead, Berkhamsted and Tring
- East Herts – including Hertford, Ware and Bishops Stortford
- Hertsmere - including Potters Bar, Borehamwood and Bushey
- North Herts - including Hitchin, Letchworth, Baldock and Royston
- St Albans - including St Albans, London Colney, Wheathampstead and Harpenden
- Three Rivers - including Rickmansworth, South Oxhey, West Hyde and Abbotts Langley
- Welwyn Hatfield - including Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield
Benefits of working for Hertfordshire County Council include:
- Initial and ongoing training provided
- Excellent career development
- Excellent pension scheme with employer contributions
- Discounts on everyday shopping / holidays / entertainment/leisure along with cashback with our Herts Rewards Scheme
- Support groups
- Occupational maternity / paternity and adoption pay
- Excellent wellbeing schemes
If you think you have what is required, please apply now!
Closing Date: Midnight 17th February 2019
Interview date: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the end of February to arrange an interview.
If you have any questions about the post, please email email@example.com
Staff will be paid for 42.7 weeks per year (initially and increasing with length of service) to include annual leave and bank holiday entitlements. Annual salaries will be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments.
If you experience any system or issues when applying, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 01992 555000.