Little Owls Nursery, Chamberlain Road, Hull, HU8 8DH
2 x Nursery Practitioner, Little Owls Nursery
Full and Part time
Salary: £16,703 per annum pro rata
Hours of work:
Full Time – 40 hours per week to be worked Monday to Friday. Start and finish times between 7:30am and 6:15pm to be discussed at interview.
Part time - Part time 20 hours per week to be worked Monday to Friday. Start and finish times between 7:30am and 6:15pm to be discussed at interview.
The annual leave entitlement is 22 days per year plus bank holidays pro rata.
Little Owls Day Nursery is a nursery based in a separate building on the grounds of Dove House Hospice on Chamberlain Road in East Hull. The nursery has the capacity to care for around 60 children from the local community in a newly refurbished building with outdoor play areas.
Working as part of the Nursery Team, we are looking for Nursery Practitioners who will provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children cared for in the setting.
- To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interests of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members).
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs.
- To ensure the provision meets the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories.
- To advise manager/deputy of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, open days etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snacks, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- To work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the setting’s philosophy is fulfilled.
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting.
- To develop your role within the team, especially with regard to being a key person
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job.
- To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times, both in work hours and outside.
- To support nursery assistants, students and volunteers.
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- To undertake and lead on additional responsibilities such as SENCO, training co-ordinator, safeguarding Officer etc.
- Undertake any other relevant duties as reasonably requested by the Nursery Manager/ Deputy Nursery Manager.
- Minimum of a full and relevant Level 3 qualification (as defined by the CWDC).
- Experience in working with young children in an early years setting
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to Early Years such as EYFS, SEN, Data Protection and the Childcare Act 2006
- Ability to communicate well with adults and children
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of child development and supporting individual children’s needs
- Current paediatric first aid certificate
- Basic food hygiene certificate
- Experience of implementation of EYFS
- Experience of working in partnership with parents
Please note that due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be asked to apply for an Enhanced check with Barred List Check (Children) for regulated activity through the Disclosure and Barring Service. This will contain details of all convictions on the Police National Computer including cautions, reprimands or final warnings which would not be filtered in line with current guidance. A criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining employment.
What we can offer you is:
- Life assurance of 3 times annual salary
- A high quality group pension plan which the employer will pay a contribution of 5% against an employee contribution of 5%
- A chance to work for a Sunday Times Top 100 Employer 2018 (Ranked Number 5 in the UK)
- The option to buy an additional 1 week of annual leave (subject to approval)
- Access to a subsidised canteen serving a variety of hot and cold homemade food daily
- Option to receive a free annual flu jab
- Option to join an “Employee Christmas Savings Club”
- Opportunities for career development
- Staff support services
- Free car parking
Closing Date: Thursday 28th February at 5:00pm.
Applications to be made via the hospice application form only, located on the Dove House Hospice and Little Owls websites. Click apply to visit the website.
Interview Date: 12th March 2019.
We are unable to accept applications by CV and are unable to contact applicants who apply this way.