Parenting / Relationship Practitioner
Parenting / Relationship Practitioner
Funded by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP), the Reducing Parental Conflict Programme is an exciting new development, trialling a range of different interventions intended to strengthen couple and co-parenting relationships, particularly in unemployed families.
We are seeking Parenting / Relationship Practitioners experienced in both couple and parenting work, to work with couples and co-parents in local venues in the London boroughs of Brent, Camden, Hammersmith and Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea, Westminster, Lambeth and Croydon.
We are keen to recruit people who have experience of delivering Triple P or similar parenting programmes, and who are able to work flexibly across the London areas.
This can be on a full-time (37.5 hours per week) or part-time (hours negotiable) basis, Monday-Friday. Some evening and weekend working may be required.
The successful candidates will be asked to attend some training, currently scheduled for the second half of March 2019.
Closing date: 12 noon, Monday 18th February 2019
Interviews will take place in week commencing Monday 25th February 2019
- Salary of £25,530 – £35,807 (pro rata for part-timers) depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Pension (6% employer contribution)
- Learning and development opportunities, including training, regular appraisals and feedback
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contribution towards eye tests
- Weekly fruit bowl for staff
- Yoga class offered in-house at a reduced price
- Time off in lieu policy
- 25 days’, rising to 26 days’ after 1 year of continuous employment and to 27 days’ after 2 years of continuous employment (pro rata for part-timers) plus Bank Holidays
Once you join our team, you will discover a supportive, friendly and work-life balanced environment where staff are given the freedom to make a real difference.
In this important role, you will:
- Be part of a team delivering Triple P Enhanced and Triple P Family Transitions to couples and co-parents across London
- Assess co-parenting suitability for participating in the programme with particular regard for risk
- Be flexible in approach and able to work with a wide range of families from different backgrounds and faced with different challenges
To join us as Parenting / Relationship Practitioners, you’ll need:
- Experience in work with couples and in parenting work
- Experience of working with a wide range of families, including those who are hard to engage or living in adverse circumstances
- Experience of delivering manualised parenting programmes (desirable: Triple P Level 4)
- Confidence in working independently in a wide range of settings, including family homes
- Capacity to write clear and accurate case notes and to produce systematic reports
- Understand the principles of safeguarding structures and procedures
- Training and/or experience in parenting, family support, social work, psychology or psychotherapy
We’d like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Family Support Worker, Social Worker, Parenting Practitioner, Counsellor or similar.
Webrecruit and Tavistock Relationships are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Parenting / Relationship Practitioner, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.