INSHORE FISHERIES AND CONSERVATION OFFICER
6 days left
- Part Time
PART-TIME INSHORE FISHERIES AND CONSERVATION OFFICER (IFCO) - Enforcement
Salary: NIFCA Grade E: £23,993 - £29,135 (pro-rata)
Hours: 22.5 hours (3 days) per week
NIFCA is looking to recruit a part-time enforcement Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Officer (IFCO)/Patrol Boat Crew Member. The post holder will be expected to carry out enforcement duties both at sea and ashore and will suit someone with previous experience of enforcement work. Some unsociable hours and weekend work required. Full driving licence and car are essential.
Regular duties of an IFCO include:
- Working as a crewmember on the Authority’s 16m Patrol Vessel ‘St Aidan’ and the rigid inflatable boats (RIBs) when required, and fully supporting all related activities.
- Carrying out regular inspections at ports, harbours, wholesalers, markets and any other premises individually or with other IFCOs (sometimes during unsociable hours).
- Actively engaging with commercial and recreational fishers, stakeholders and the public.
- Giving evidence in Court and be cross examined by legal professionals, where required.
- Actively supporting the Environmental Team with surveys, data collection and any other duties required.
The successful applicant will have:
- Full driving licence and vehicle
- Strong communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Experience in an enforcement/similar role
It would be desirable for the applicant to have:
- Nautical experience
- Knowledge of the local inshore fishing industry
To apply for this position, please complete our application form and send it with a covering letter as supporting documents, by clicking apply.
CLOSING DATE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS IS MIDNIGHT ON WEDNESDAY 27TH FEBRUARY 2019
Interviews will be held in mid-March with the aim of the successful candidate starting at the end of April 2019.
Apply for INSHORE FISHERIES AND CONSERVATION OFFICER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly