Assistant Store Manager (Deputy manager, Assistant Manager) BLUG77525
Our client is one of the UK’s largest women value retailers focused on selling affordable, stylish, premium quality clothing and accessories in a wide range of sizes to mature women. Established in 1982, the business has more than 30 years of experience.
They are now looking for someone to join their Gloucester store, proactively supporting the Store Manager in maximising sales through promoting excellent customer service and creating a culture which puts the customer first. You will have a positive, can-do attitude and be willing to get stuck into all aspects of the role, including moving stock and visual merchandising. Supporting the Manager in the running of the store, you may come from a similar AM role or a Supervisor / team leader position. Fashion retail experience would be beneficial.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure high retail standards are implemented and maintained in order to maximize profits
- Support the development of Sales Colleagues
- Create opportunities for development and succession through regular on the job training
- Ensuring personal development plans are kept live and objectives are set and reviewed
- 1-3 years Retail Management experience
- Track record of meeting sales targets
- Strong selling and communication skills
- Passionate about customer service
- Great people management; able to lead effectively, motivate your team and delegate.
- Knowledge of stock control procedures, general administration and experience in visual merchandising
Our client is proud to provide the successful candidate with a comprehensive training and induction programme which ensures you are fully supported in your role from the start. A Management Trainer will be assigned to you and will support you from day one; training you in their own store, accompanying you on the first day in your own store, ensuring a full handover is provided, and being on hand for any queries going forward.
In return for your hard work we can offer you great benefits to include; store discount cards (1 for you and 1 to give to a family member), the option to join the company pension scheme, seasonal discount benefit (to purchase clothes at a discounted rate to wear for leisure or for work), 22.5 days holiday plus bank holidays, 4 weekly pay.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email