- Full Time
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at Broanmain Plastics in Mid-Holmwood to recruit a Quality Engineer into our SHEQ Team. This is an exciting time to join our friendly, dedicated, highly professional team.
Broanmain are technical trade moulders, having expertise in many different processes in the plastics industry. Included in these are: Thermoplastic Injection, Thermosetting Injection, Compression, and Transfer moulding.
Broanmain, not only supply excellent quality thermosetting and thermoplastic mouldings utilising a variety of machines with capacities up to 500 tons, we also provide tool design, tool manufacturing, printing, assembly, packing and distribution.
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Salary: £27,000 - £29,000 depending upon experience
You will report directly into our SHEQ Manager, the Quality Engineer will be responsible for ensuring our products fully meet our customer requirements whilst conforming to all relevant standards and regulations including ISO 9001:2015.
You will be responsible for conducting audits and reporting across all departments with ownership, management, of our in-process testing. As the Quality Engineer, you will provide excellent quality support and advice across our business aligned with exceptional communication skills, liaising with our external suppliers and customers as required.
The successful candidate will possess a continuous improvement mindset to challenge and continually improve our quality standards. Applications are invited from Quality Engineers, Auditors, and Technicians who either hold a relevant engineering qualification or have demonstrable relevant experience.
Those who have previously worked within a low volume manufacturing environment (i.e. Plastics, Precision and Injection Moulding,) are of particular interest, but this is not essential.
A strong attention to detail and desire to fully integrate into our Broanmain Family with a proven 'can do attitude’ are of equal importance.
There will be career progression opportunities associated with this role, together with a competitive salary and opportunity to join our business at a time when we are experiencing exciting growth.
- Ability to work in a team - Essential
- Engineering background - Essential
- Injection moulding experience - Desirable - training available
- Quality control knowledge - Essential
- Strong communication skills - Essential
- Ability to use measuring instruments - Essential
- Ability to read component drawings - Essential
- ISO9001:2015 QMS - Essential
- Proactive continuous improvement and can-do attitude - Essential
- Desire to progress and improve systems - Essential
- Supervisory experience - Desirable
- Leadership skills - Desirable
- Understanding of Health & Safety legislation requirements - Desirable - training available
- Ability to trouble shoot - Essential
- Lean Manufacturing experience - Desirable
Closing Date: 22nd February 2019
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the apply button and attach your CV and covering letter, it will be sent automatically to us.
No agencies please.
Apply for Quality Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly