Contract type: Permanent, full time, all year around
Start date: March 2019 or sooner if applicable
Closing date: Sunday 3 March 2019, midnight
We are seeking a professional and effective Finance Manager to join our supportive and friendly team.
The Finance Manager role is a senior position within the Support Staff at St Gregory’s. The successful candidate will take full day to day responsibility for Finance and deputise for the Director of Finance and Premises in her absence as appropriate. The role requires high attention to detail and an efficient and professional attitude as the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering on the broad range of financial demands from internal and external stakeholders in a timely and accurate manner. The role will primarily use SIMS FMS, a school based financial software package so experience of FMS would be ideal however not essential. The successful candidate must be willing to attend training sessions as appropriate.
As part of the role the Finance Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the school’s transport provision.
Applicants must be educated to A level (or equivalent) and have excellent accounting/numeracy skills.
Applications are invited from individuals who are currently either working as a Finance Manager or an exceptional and aspiring professional who is ready to take the next step in their career and can demonstrate:
- Experience of managing, analysing and reporting on financial data;
- Excellent IT skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office applications at a professional level, particularly Word and Excel;
- Clear understanding of the need for an effective accounting system and the need to meet all legal and school procedural requirements;
- Accuracy and attention to detail with excellent organisational skills.
In return, the successful candidate can expect:
- Outstanding professional support;
- A vibrant and dynamic student body that deserves the very best in teaching and support;
- Free on-site parking;
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
If you would like to be a part of this successful and thriving school, and are a suitably qualified and highly motivated professional, we would like to hear from you.
Further information and a full application pack can be downloaded from our website at http://www.st-gregorys.org.uk/2019/01/finance-manager/
For an open conversation about the role and/or to arrange a visit prior to application with the Director of Finance and Premises please contact the Headmistress’ PA, Mrs Gormley, on 01225 838200 or email email@example.com to arrange a suitable time.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check prior of employment. Details of our Child Protection Policy can be found on our website at www.st-gregorys.org.uk/useful-information/key-documents.