3 days left
- Full Time
College of Health and Life Sciences
College Central Office
PA to Vice and Associate Deans
Vacancy Ref: 12851
Salary (Grade S6): £27,025 to £31,302 plus London Allowance (£2,166)
Brunel University London is a world-class university based in Uxbridge, West London. As one of the academic Colleges within the University, the College of Health and Life Sciences (the College) aims to develop excellent research and educational programmes in fields such as Biosciences, Sports, Health and Exercise Sciences, Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy. One of our core aims is to give students the academic education and personal skills needed to become a success in the real world.
The range and depth of the College’s outputs and undertakings is expanding as we grow our student numbers, research activities and academic programme portfolio. These initiatives and areas of work are being led by the College’s senior leadership team, which includes a number of Vice and Associate Deans focused on Education, Research, International, the Student Experience, Equality and Diversity and Quality Assurance.
This growth agenda now requires a highly professional and organised individual to take on a role working directly with our Vice and Associate Deans.
The overall remit for the role is to provide our Vice and Associate Deans with a high level of consistent administrative support, focusing on diary management, preparation of papers, committee support and the administration of meetings. There will be the opportunity to liaise with key stakeholders across the College and wider University, lead on annual events and occasional one-off projects. The post-holder will work collaboratively with other College PAs as well as students, visitors, staff and senior colleagues, applying initiative, effective communication skills and a methodical, organised approach to the role. The successful candidate will be expected to work flexibly, independently, within short deadlines, and have the willingness to work over and above normal duties when the occasion requires.
You will have:
- Significant experience of managing multiple diaries and coordination of activities at a senior executive level
- A demonstrable track record of providing a high quality administrative support service, obtained from any industry or sector
- A pro-active approach to your work and an ability to apply initiative to successfully manage a variety of scenarios
- The ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Excellent IT and technical skills across a broad range of packages
- Excellent communication skills, alongside the ability to converse on complex subjects with a wide variety of stakeholders
- The ability to prioritise your own workload under minimum supervision
- Understanding of customer service practices
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 19th February 2019 (midnight)
*This position does not meet the University criteria for Tier 2 sponsorship.
COMMITTED TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES AND REPRESENTING THE DIVERSITY OF THE COMMUNITY WE SERVE