Subject Leader in BTEC Applied Science
Subject Leader in BTEC Applied Science (Including Forensic & Criminal Investigation)
Job Reference: JAN20196057
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. Our Sixth Form provision has a reputation for high academic achievement and excellence.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual with relevant experience to teach BTEC Applied Science/Forensic & Criminal Investigation
You will be an inspiring lecturer with a background in Applied Science / Forensic Science / Criminal Investigation and have the ability to deliver varied, high quality and imaginative sessions and have a record of good achievement rates.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver a flexible and innovative curriculum that is responsive to feedback from current learners and anticipates likely changes in demand from future learners.
- Deliver excellent standards of teaching and learning across all areas within the curriculum area.
- Undertake the day-to-day co-ordination of staff within the course team so that the College can achieve its overall objective of being excellent in all areas.
- Monitor retention, achievement and pass rates.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Holds a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Has an appropriate teaching qualification.
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Has experience in the delivery of Applied Science/Forensic Science/Criminal Investigation.
- has a detailed knowledge and understanding of current teaching practice within the curriculum area.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days Annual Leave per year (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Subject Leader BTEC Applied Science (including Forensic & Criminal Investigation), please go to and select ‘Apply’ to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is: 17th February 2019.
Interviews to be held on: 7th March 2019.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.