An opportunity has arisen for an HR Advisor to join our HR Shared Services function here within Reach plc, based in our Liverpool City Centre office which is home to the Liverpool Echo.
Joining a team of 6 Advisors you will quickly become an integral part of the HR team and will work alongside other functions such as recruitment and payroll providing excellent service to all stakeholders across the business.
We are looking for an experienced Advisor who is confident in providing credible, confidential and customer focused advice and guidance to staff and managers. Your ability to quickly build effective working relationships with staff at all levels will be key. You will support in developing and implementing Human Resources policies and procedures, in line with legislation and best practice.
This position is a full time permanent role, working 37 hours Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:30pm (shift based)
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles such as Liverpool Echo and the Manchester Evening News.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- Support the business in all matters relating to the implementation of policies and procedures, which will best support our staff and the core business needs.
- Development of all people managers via coaching and feedback during people matters.
- Pro active assessment and escalation of people matters throughout the business.
- Effective communication with wider HR colleagues to ensure best solution for all people matters.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in an advisory or advisory / administration role.
- Previous experience of influencing managers via telephone.
- Ability to multitask in a busy environment.
- Ability to provide precise and comprehensive advice whilst coaching people managers through specific delivery and solutions to people matters.
- Ability to communicate effectively via telephone.
- Knowledge of employment law and passion to keep that knowledge up to date.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application. Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at