IT Project Manager
- Full Time
IT Project Manager
Ofcom’s ICT has implemented a partnering strategy to deliver its services by outsourcing a number of activities, specifically around the technical support and operations. Ofcom retains the overall management and accountability for Ofcom ICT services and works collaboratively with its partners to deliver as a single ICT team to the Ofcom business.
The outsourcing strategy is driven by value for money, skills and know-how to deliver excellent user experience and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
This role sits within the ICT Programme and Transformation Management who are responsible for:
- Delivery of Programmes and Projects
- Administration of Programme delivery
- Progress, pipeline and demand management of all ICT projects
Purpose of the Role
The IT Project Manager is a key interface with the Business who provides end to end management of multiple technical and business related ICT projects. In this role you will build and leverage strong relationships with the prime ICT outsourcing partner and third party suppliers to manage and successfully deliver controlled projects into the organisation, ensuring that key business outcomes are achieved.
In this role, you will provide end to end management of ICT projects. You will develop and present a business case, prioritised within the overall portfolio and pipeline of projects, deliver all phases of the project while remaining focused on the expected business benefits and outcomes. You will also manage resource plans and budgets for your projects.
You will ensure that all project elements are considered including those beyond the technical delivery aspects e.g. commercial or legal considerations, user adoption, training and business transformation.
Requirements of the Role
Ofcom has aligned key skills required for this role to the industry standard Skills Framework for Information Age (SFIA) where appropriate. It is assumed that candidates are competent in all skill levels lower than required SFIA Level for this role. (please refer to the SFIA Skills Framework for more detail]
- Project Management; [SFIA Code: PRMG; SFIA Level: 6]
- Project Management; [SFIA Code: PRMG; SFIA Level: 5]
- Relationship Management - [SFIA Code: RLMT; SFIA Level: 5]
- Change Implementation Planning & Management; [SFIA Code: CIPM; SFIA Level: 5]
- Benefits Management; [SFIA Code: BENM; SFIA Level: 5]
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience of managing multiple suppliers, internal ICT and business resources in the delivery of ICT transformation projects
- Experience in delivering projects over £1m
- Experience of some of the follow systems would be an advantage
- ERP systems (HR / Finance / SRM / BI) – SAP
- CRM systems – Salesforce
- Spectrum Management Systems – SMS
- MS Office 365 and SharePoint
- Unified communications
- Enterprise Infrastructure – Servers, Networks, Data Centres,
- Cloud and SaaS solutions
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Experience of managing multiple suppliers, internal ICT and business resources in the delivery of ICT transformation projects.
- Experience in delivering projects over £1m.
- Experience of some of the follow systems would be an advantage.
- ERP systems (HR / Finance / SRM / BI)– SAP.
- CRM systems – Salesforce.
- Spectrum Management Systems – SMS.
- MS Office 365 and SharePoint.
- Unified communications.
- Enterprise Infrastructure – Servers, Networks, Data Centres.
- Cloud and SaaS solutions.
- Prince2 Practitioner
- Experience of Agile Scrum delivery - Scrum Master
- APMP Qualification
Planning, Project & Programme Management
- Fully lifecycle from Business Case to benefits realization
- Leading Business change and adoption within a project
- Applying waterfall and agile methodologies appropriately
- Experience working in a customer organization
Relationship Management (Internal & External)
- Ability to build consensus of views from stakeholders.
Communication (Written & Oral)
- Ability to tailor approach both by stakeholder and the nature of the organisation
Ofcom offers competitive salaries plus pensions and flexible benefits package.
Ofcom is an equal opportunities employer and committed to equality of opportunity for all. As an accredited Two Ticks employer disabled candidates who meet all the essential criteria of a job description will be guaranteed an interview.
Closing date: 17th February 2019
To apply for the role of IT Project Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: IT Project Manager, IT Manager, IT Project Delivery Manager, ICT Project Manager, IT Programme Manager, Technician Project Manager, IT Programme Delivery Manager, IT.