This position is Part funded by the european social fund
PLACE OF WORK: ST AUSTELL AND REDRUTH
RESPONSIBLE TO: Change manager
EMPLOYER: CORNWALL NEIGHBOURHOODS FOR CHANGE
CONTRACT DURATION: FIXED TERM until 30th November 2019 (Continuation subject to further funding)
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 15th February 2019 at Midday
Interview Date: Wednesday 27th February 2019
Summary of post
It is the responsibility of the Navigator to engage eligible individuals, provide an initial assessment and manage the journey of the participant throughout the programme. The
participant should be involved at every stage and the Navigator should utilise other resources as necessary to provide them with high quality support.
This critical post will work holistically with participants at the centre of local provision, with providers and services around them, to ensure a personalised programme for each individual and ensuring appropriate progression is achieved. The key responsibilities are as follows:
- To support young people on the Gamechanger programme through the project providing support and challenge.
- To work with individual young people to undertake assessments, action planning and reviews.
- To work with the sector facilitators to enable young people to engage with the opportunities of Gamechanger
- To ensure progression routes for young people from the programme into education, training and employment.
- To undertake IAG and pre-programme assessments/eligibility checks
- To signpost ineligible young people to the most appropriate alternative provision.
- To support young people to engage with other provision and support as appropriate during or on exit from the Gamechanger programme.
- To communicate with young people, families and other stakeholders regarding the Gamechanger programme and young people’s progress (as appropriate).
- To empower young people to make effective decisions about their futures and careers.
- To adhere to policies and procedures
- To ensure the timely completion of all programme paperwork
- To ensure young people receive a timely service with reviews undertaken a minimum of every 4 weeks.
- To ensure that young people have access to travel, childcare and caring support as required to engage on the programme.
- To provide 1 case study per month to enable learning across the programme and for marketing purposes as appropriate.
- To support young people profiling for the benefit of young people and employers
- To support young people to develop a sense of belonging to the Gamechanger programme.
- To be responsible for engaging and supporting 60 young people onto the Gamechanger programme per year.
- To support 65% of young people into positive progressions
- To ensure all paperwork is submitted to the contract holder within 5 working days of completion
- To ensure all referrals are engaged on the programme within 5 working day
- Must work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Other duties to ensure the smooth running of the office
- Undertake any appropriate training as required by the company.
- To be flexible in working patterns
- The post holder is expected to comply with Health and Safety Legislation.
Whilst the job description covers the main duties and responsibilities of the post, it is not exhaustive. The post holder is expected to undertake any other reasonable duties specified by their Line Manager. Appropriate training will be provided where necessary
Please complete attached Application form and click apply to send as a supporting document to apply.