5 days left
- Full Time
VEHICLE EXAMINER - COATBRIDGE DEPOT
McGill's is Scotland's largest independent Bus Company, with depots across Greenock, Inchinnan, Johnstone, Barrhead and Coatbridge. We're looking to recruit a Vehicle Examiner, based at Coatbridge depot.
You will carry out and audit a wide range of repairs on any Company vehicle, and make sure the vehicles comply with McGill's Health and Safety and Standards Policies, as well as legislative standards and Traffic Commissioner Guidelines.
• Carry out vehicle inspections
• Good knowledge of DVSA standards
• Carry out pre-MOT inspections
• Complete inspection and audit reports using the internal documents as per McGill's defect reporting and inspection process
• Audit and report defects found on vehicles that have undergone repair
• Check vehicle history files and report anomalies or repeat defects
• Maintain inspection records and report any issues
• Support the engineering team in meeting the required standards on vehicle safety and presentation
• Find and diagnose the fault on required vehicles
• Keep up to date with legislative changes or legal requirements
• Participate in training to develop personal skills and knowledge
Driving licence is essential, PCV licence is advantageous.
Benefits include company pension and an excellent salary on offer. The role is Monday to Friday day shift, with the opportunity for overtime.