8:00 – 4:30 Mon – Fri + O/T
We have a vacancy for a Yard Operative with Side-Loader experience, to join the small friendly team of our leading timber engineering specialist, who operate from strategically built sites across the UK. You will be an experienced Side Loader driver, used to working outside in all weathers (all PPE provided), and enjoy not only loading and unloading vehicles but also picking products. With your own transport to get to and from work you will also be flexible and be prepared to work overtime as the job requires (sometimes timber lorries need to be offloaded before the 8:00 start time).
Key responsibilities – Yard Operative:
- Loading timber products onto vehicles for distribution.
- Some manual handling of large items.
- Keeping work areas clean and tidy in line with Company health and safety procedures.
- Any other duties deemed as reasonable within the scope of the role.
Person specification – Yard Operative:
- Side Loader experience ESSENTIAL
- Forklift experience.
- Experience working with timber roof trusses preferred, but not essential.
- General Health & Safety awareness.
- Able to complete necessary paperwork in a neat and tidy manner.
- Good team player.
- Excellent time-keeper.
- Willing to work overtime as necessary.
If you are currently working in a factory, used to lifting high lifts, or loading lorries with a side loader this may be a great opportunity for you to join a prestigious company at a time of continued growth.
Apply for Yard Operative
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly