Innovation Manager - UX (User Experience) Designer
- Full Time
Innovation Manager (UX/User Experience Design)
Location: Angel London or Home Based. The role will require the ability to travel to London and various locations to carry out research on a weekly basis.
Hours: Full Time/Part Time - Flexible working options. We appreciate not everyone has the same working needs and support flexible working throughout the organisation. Please do advise what your preferred working pattern would be when you apply for this position.
Salary: Circa GBP36,000 plus benefits
Application Method: Please upload a CV & Cover Letter document
Do you have a background in UX Design? Do you want to design creative propositions that will help us beat cancer?
We are looking for a UX (User Experience) designer to sit within our innovation team, collaborating with others to design, test and evolve creative propositions.
As Innovation Manager focussing on UX design you will:
- Take a user centric approach to design and development - ensuring the user is at the heart of all product/service development and demonstrate persona-led thinking
- Design and carry out a series of experiments for testing proposition assumptions
- Provide UX design expertise and advice to the team and be the "voice of the user"
- Mentor and coach other members of the team so they understand and are able to apply different UX design principals and approaches
We are game changers. Here at Cancer Research UK, we aim to save more lives by preventing, controlling and curing cancer sooner. Every day we achieve extraordinary things by being innovative, imaginative and bold in our work.
Join us and help pioneer more tomorrows through your:
- Ability to be a strong team player
- Passion for user experience and how it can be used effectively to meet customer and business needs and drive value
- Ability to take a user-centre approach to proposition development and delivery, including carrying out qualitative research to identify user needs
- Good understanding of user experience and UX design tools and practices
- Brilliant and creative problem solving
If you can do all this and more, you will enjoy a great career as we work together to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
At CRUK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner.
Closing date for applications: We are reviewing applications on an on-going basis and will be carrying out phone screen interviews throughout the application process. The closing date for applications is 17th February, but if you are interested in this opportunity please do not delay your application. Also, please ensure, that you are available on the interview dates identified below.
Phone screen interviews will take place throughout January and February. There will be an assessment day on Tuesday 5th March which all shortlisted candidates will be expected to attend. There will also be an extended face-to-face interview for shortlisted candidates - these will be held in late February / early March.
To view the full job description, please click here
For more insight to this role, hear from the director of the team and to get more information about the wider teams you will be working with, you can view of candidate pack here