Nurturing Today's Young People, Inspiring Tomorrow's Leaders
Full Time / Permanent / All Year Round
Salary: GBP21,074 - GBP23,111 (TS5 SCP 22-25)
Local Government Terms & Conditions and Pension Scheme
Required as soon as possible
We are looking to appoint an experienced and skilled Site Manager at this exciting time in the school's life. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a vibrant dedicated team?
Barkerend Primary Leadership Academy in Bradford, West Yorkshire is a 600 place, 4-11 primary school. Barkerend joined Star Academies on 1 April 2018 and like all Star schools, it has "Leadership" as a specialism.
Our pursuit of educational excellence is based upon our unshakeable belief that every pupil is unique and special and has the capacity within themselves to succeed.
- Support the Business Manager and school leadership team to create a safe, secure and stimulating physical environment
- Liaise with the Assistant Site Manager to maintain cleanliness throughout the estate.
- Contribute to the management of the site including planned maintenance, testing schedules, co-ordination of contractors and site security.
- Ensure continued good health and safety practice across the estate including contributing to risk assessments, carrying out health and safety checks and completing scheduled tasks.
- Maintain good working relationships with colleagues, students, parents/carers, governors, the community and all stakeholders and ensure all communication is consistent with the school's ethos. We encourage and support staff development and would welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers.
You will find a school that:
- Is passionate about its mission of 'creating an outstanding organisation that inspires learners with excellence in academic achievement, personal development and community service'
- Has a supportive ethos & concern for the well-being of all members of our learning community
- Has high ambitions for all and provides excellent opportunities for professional development.
- Is well-ordered with high standards of commitment from pupils, staff and parents.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. For an informal and confidential discussion regarding the role, candidates are encouraged to contact Julie Taylor on
Applications must be made via eTeach visit our website via the button below.
CVs will not be accepted for this post.
Closing Date: 13th February 2019, midnight
Interview Date: TBC
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts within our school are subject to satisfactory references, DBS and health clearances and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.