Public Opening / Events Assistant
2 days left
- Full Time
Highclere Castle has an exciting opportunity for a full time Public Opening/Events Assistant.
Highclere Castle, a globally recognised brand and one of the most famous historic houses in England. The Castle has become well known as the location of the successful TV series Downton Abbey and attracts thousands of visitors and many events throughout the year. Highclere is also a working estate with its own farming property management business.
This is a highly varied role which is focused on delivering comprehensive project planning and effective implementation of public opening events, ensuring a high-quality visitor experience. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, well organised and an effective communicator, competent and confident in using IT and social media. A background in public facing, hospitality, or tourism sectors would be an advantage. You would be joining a close-knit and loyal team, so flexibility and the desire to lend a hand when needed is also essential.
Hours are Monday to Friday from 08.30 until 17.00 with occasional evening and weekend work.
Work with the Public Opening Manager and other contacts, both internally and externally, to help deliver comprehensive project planning and effective implementation of public opening events. The team’s aim is to ensure a high-quality visitor experience.
- Work closely with heads of departments, including the Head Guide to ensure the smooth running of the public open days and events. Provide Visitor Reception and the Head Guide with details of each open day, including group lists and other requests (all available from our systems).
- Conduct ‘Walk arounds’ prior to openings to ensure the Castle, Exhibition and Gardens are safe and suitably presented for visitors.
- Focus on the visitor experience and ensure written information and signage is up to date.
- Be the main contact for group booking enquiries and liaising via the CMS booking system.
- Provide groups with suitable images and providing copyright details.
- Help liaise with enquiries about the sale of admission tickets and Afternoon Tea sales.
- Join the team to take forward content and campaigns specifically for social media purposes for brand/ specific events.
- Liaise with appropriate contractors regarding the design and printing of relevant leaflets for openings.
- Liaise with Marketing on any website changes and work with the team to update the website operational system.
- Help providing the IT department with the event content and ticket
- Working closely with the IT Department with regards to website testing prior to ticket release.
- Dealing with a telephone and written enquiries to ensure all customer enquiries or complaints are responded to within a reasonable time period and dealt with efficiently and professionally.
- Working with the Public Opening Manager to collect and compose public opening and related event figures and dates for the years ahead using Excel. Using this information to decide future figures for public opening and events.
- Be the first port of call for first aid when open to visitors.
- Answering phone calls and liaising with visitors, customers and suppliers
- Preparing documents through the use of word, excel and PowerPoint
- Briefing, managing and follow up with suppliers, and external contacts and colleagues as required
- Welcoming visitors, ensuring that their needs are anticipated and addressed.
- Establishing and maintaining healthy professional relationships with a range of contacts and stakeholders
- Basic budget management, monitoring expenses against a pre-agreed budget, reconciling invoices and highlighting discrepancies
Qualifications and experience required for this role:
- English and Maths to GCSE or equivalent
- Self-motivated and proactive, able to work on their own initiative
- A team player, able to work as part of a small, close knit team to ensure the smooth operation of the business as a whole
- A basic understanding of marketing
- Experience of managing social media – website, Facebook, Instagram and twitter, and an interest in developing skills and knowledge in these areas
- Highly developed communication skills both written and verbal
- Can do attitude, with a commitment to provide the highest quality service at all times
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise, manage own workload and work under pressure
- Ability to work flexibly to meet constantly changing work flows and priorities
- Advanced IT skills, to include Microsoft office
- An interest in gaining a good knowledge of the history of the Castle in order to provide assistance with guided tours or cover guides during public opening if required
- First Aid and Fire Safety trained, or else willing to undertake the qualifications
- Good knowledge of CMS/Database systems for data inputting and dealing with IT issues and invoicing.
- Previous elements of experience in a similar role
- A background of working in public facing, hospitality, or tourism sectors
- A previous customer facing role, with high level, practical customer care skills
- Project management skills and / or qualificationsPlease apply online with your CV and covering letter.
Please see our website for information on how we use your data for recruitment www.hrdept.co.uk/licensees/eastbourne