business advisor - manager
flinder is an exciting and innovative start up formed by 2 entrepreneurial accountants and management consultants who have the ambition to really help businesses evolve by working with them, not just for them.
we see things differently and so using technology to embrace a remote working culture is just one of those things we do. we work with businesses across the country but our main footprint is in london & the south east.
technical skills are only a small part of our requirements - yes, our team has to have top notch accounting and people skills, but buying into our vision and sharing our values are as critical, if not more so, than technical skills.
flinder offers an end-to-end accounting solution for ambitious sme and scale up businesses who, like us, love technology and doing things better than they have ever been done before. with the accuracy and quick turnaround of our delivery team and experts, our clients have rich data at their finger tips with management information dashboards accessible on the go, anywhere, anytime.
we are looking for exceptional candidates to come on our journey - are you the next team member to help our business evolve?
as a business advisor, you will be responsible for leading your own portfolio of clients predominantly in the london and south east region and support a senior business advisor on more complex clients. you will possess the drive and ambition to support the growth of the business by supporting business development and winning new work. you will own the overall relationship with your clients and be responsible for providing a premium client service that is absolutely second to none. just like your clients, you will also be an instrumental part of a new and growing business.
duties & responsibilities
you will have responsibility for:
- support business development activities and approach prospective clients
- manage a portfolio of clients while being supported by an accounting manager
- provide support to senior business advisor and flinder directors in respect of complex clients
- key client point of contact for all their day to day needs and period end reporting
- conduct monthly/quarterly meetings with clients, providing insight and analysis to clients on all business matters
- support clients in their cashflow and business plan development and monitoring needs
- supporting accounting managers with day to day training and development
- reviewing work done by junior members of the team, including technical accounting questions
- review of statutory accounts
- review and submission of vat returns
- to discuss broader client business issues and how to manage them
experience & requirements
to be considered for the role you must have:
- an accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent
- at least 3 years of relevant post qualification experience
- extensive experience and working knowledge of bookkeeping, management accounts, consolidations and finance processes
- the ability to establish, build and maintain a good working relationship with key client decision makers
- an enjoyment of working for different clients whilst understanding their individual needs
- experience in managing multiple stakeholders
- strong project management and multitasking skills
- strong computer skills, with particular experience in excel and management information/data analytics
- experience with cloud accounting systems (e.g. Xero, QuickBooks, Sage One/Live)
- excellent attention to detail, quality review and time management skills
- the ability to proactively question everything to improve quality and processes
- an approach that client satisfaction is absolutely second to none
- drive and desire for progression within flinder, we want you to be our senior business advisor of the future
- travel to client sites will be required (typically in and around london)
- your skills and experience will determine the entry level, and progression within flinder will be dependent on performance
- thrive working in an entrepreneurial environment, have a clear understanding of the flinder values and demonstration these in everything you do is an absolute must
- an interest in skiing or snowboarding would be helpful for our annual ski trip!
- attractive salary
- discretionary performance related bonus
- private medical insurance
- employee perks
- fully paid skiing strategy week
- unlimited holiday allowance
- MacBook Air available for business and personal use