Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager
Newton Abbot, Devon
Our client is a leading technology company providing a full service offering, complete with world-class support, for robust, secure and uncompromised business and mission critical applications.
They are now looking for a Technical Project Manager to join their Engineering Team and oversee their product development activities.
- Salary of up to £50,000 per annum
- Make a real impact on our product range
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career with a growing, exciting company and experiment with the industry’s latest technologies.
With offices in Devon, London, New York and Sydney, our client has a global presence, but remain true to their roots. Innovation, creative thinking and a collaborative work culture is key to their success.
Within a relaxed and fun environment, you will have the chance to share your passion for technology with a highly-skilled team and create leading-edge products.
As the Technical Project Manager, you will oversee our client’s product development activities, ensuring that projects are completed within timescales and to a high standard.
In this important role, you’ll manage the product lifecycle, from concept to end of life, and oversee the roll-out of new products.
You’ll collaborate with the Engineering and Sales Team to create strategic plans for the products, as well as researching the viability of product updates to improve sales opportunities
Additionally, you’ll manage critical product lifecycle events to ensure that the existing product portfolio is optimised and ready to go to market.
Your other duties will involve:
- Performing cost-benefit analysis of legacy products
- Providing engineering/technical support to cross-functional teams
- Working with Marketing to maximise the revenue potential of new and legacy products
- Developing and promoting standards and processes for product design and application
To join our client as a Technical Project Manager, you’ll need:
- A project management background with a good understanding of electronics, firmware and mechanical development and manufacturing processes
- Experience of managing the delivery of technical products, ideally in the digital electronics sector
- Previous experience of the regulatory approval and compliance of electronic products including safety and EMC
- Experience of working in an ISO 9001 environment
- A degree level qualification in a technical discipline, such as electronics, science or similar
Ideally, you’ll have experience of working with sales, marketing and technical teams on product management activities, but this isn’t essential. Electronics or embedded firmware design experience would also be beneficial, as would Agile software development experience. Experience of the Jira project management tool would also be advantageous.
Our client would love to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Project Manager, Electronics Project Manager, Project Delivery Manager, Project Team Lead or Project Supervisor.
Other companies may call this role Technical Project Manager, Project Engineer Technical Product Development Manager, NDP Manager, New Product Development Manager or Electronic Product Manager.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you’re seeking an exciting new challenge as a Technical Project Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.