- Full Time
We are the Royal Lymington Yacht Club, a prestigious club with a rich history. We are honoured to have Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal as our Patron and offer a relaxed family atmosphere, welcoming anyone with an interest in boating.
Based in a beautiful location, we host an extensive programme of activities and our Clubhouse is open nearly every day of the year.
We are now looking for a Sous Chef to join us and support the success of our club’s catering operation.
- Competitive salary
- NFDC (New Forest District Council) car parking permit
- Great location with stunning views
- Inclusion into the annual staff fund
- 28 days’ holiday per annum
This is a fun and exciting challenge for an individual with kitchen experience who is looking to progress to the next level of their career.
You’ll find a growing and dedicated team working at one of the most prestigious yachting organisations in the country. We offer a range of menus that cater for a variety of different tastes, from light bites through to a full A La Carte with specials and monthly changes.
So, if you are looking for a challenge and are ready to work in a leading position with a driven and enthusiastic Head Chef, this is the role you’ve been waiting for.
As the Sous Chef, you’ll be working hand-in-hand with the Head Chef, creating and delivering menus that engage and delight diners and represent our food vision.
Bringing your enthusiasm for food, your sense of fun and your great communication skills, you’ll help to guide the kitchen brigade through each service, providing a diverse catering operation to our many members.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Assisting in the preparation and design of all food menus
- Producing consistently high quality plates of food adhering to all standards
- Supporting stock control and standards
- Deputising for the Head Chef during periods of absence
- Ensuring kitchen team members are up-to-date on specials and promotions
- Enabling communication with the Front of House Team
- Acting as an influential team leader, supporting performance reviews and playing an active role in team meetings
To be considered as a Sous Chef, you will need:
- Previous kitchen experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, motivation and leadership skills
- The ability to operate effectively within fast-paced environment
- Close attention to detail
Due to our location, a full driving licence and access to your own vehicle would be beneficial. First Aid training would also be an advantage, as would qualifications in Professional Cookery (NVQ) and Food Hygiene.
Other organisations may call this role Sous Chef, Executive Chef, Second Chef, Kitchen Manager, Kitchen Team Manager, Chef De Partie, Kitchen Team Leader, or Chef.
Webrecruit and the Royal Lymington Yacht Club are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for your next culinary challenge as a Sous Chef, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.