Community Content Curator
- Full Time
Community Content Curator
We are seeking someone who can curate words and pictures sent in by readers to complement the news and features written by our journalists.
The role will be based at our Chadderton office, however some travel across the region for jobs and training will be required.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
· To source user-generated words and pictures from your patch that are appropriate for the community news pages
· To act as a brand ambassador and reach out to groups, clubs and societies and offer them a platform to showcase their successes
· To organise a rota of regular content providers and encourage contacts to supply engaging content in the correct format
· To liaise with Print Production Specialists about forthcoming content and input this to template-ready pages for the Print Production Unit to finalise
· Using InDesign to draw up basic pages using templates (training to be provided)
The Ideal Candidate
· You'll possess excellent attention to detail with the ability to prioritise a variety of workloads
· Previous experience working in a media or a fast-paced environment
· Ideally, you will have a good understanding of the digital landscape, social media and be able to post content online
· You'll support ongoing editorial projects across all publishing platforms by researching, curating, sourcing and inputting content
In addition to a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.