Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
This is a rare opportunity to join an award-winning, Architectural practice, as it seeks to expand. The practice is seeking an ambitious Architect who will join in the role of Associate, and will support existing clients and projects whilst, at the same time, seeking new clients. The successful candidate will be supported in this role by the directors of the practice with a view to leading the Cheltenham office, going forwards, and becoming a director and shareholder.
Based in Birmingham, and established over 70 years ago the practice has acquired, as part of ambitious expansion plans, a Cheltenham-based practice of similar long-standing. The practice is now seeking to appoint an ambitious and driven architect to support existing clients and projects and, most importantly, to drive growth as a key member of the management team.
The practice specialises in commercial, residential and conservation projects, working with a range of prestigious clients.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a Part III, Chartered Architect
- Have experience in leading projects from conception to completion
- Have the skills to lead and develop a design team
- Have extensive client-facing experience
- Have the necessary gravitas to represent, and the authority to speak, on behalf of the practice
- Demonstrate an ambition to drive the business forward
- Enjoy both the business and design sides of architecture
- Be able to demonstrate a passion and desire to excel and to bring that enthusiasm into the team
- Be skilled in guiding and mentoring team members
- Thrive on the challenge of managing a growing office
- Be able to engage in and promote discussion on ways of improving the design and delivery of projects
- Be creative and flexible in their approach to work
- Be competent in working with Revit, AutoCAD and Photoshop
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have established links with Cheltenham and Gloucester
The Role of Associate Architect:
- Lead projects from inception to completion and where necessary, deal with all aspects of ongoing design projects. This can include updating drawings, attending site meetings, aiding with site surveys, and attending client meetings.
- Helping to complete the necessary information, reports and drawing packages for statutory authority submissions (planning and building regulations)
- Become involved in helping to shape company strategy and direction
- Drive growth in existing and new sectors
Why join as Associate Architect?
- Competitive Salary of £40,000 - £50,000 dependent on experience
- Generous holiday allowance, and employment package
- Exposure to a wide variety of bespoke projects
- Full support for training, career development and encouragement to widen and develop the job role
- Opportunity to progress into a director and shareholder role
Niyaa People have been trading since 2008 with the mind-set of building a better future for you. We specialise in the following divisions; Architectural, Building Services, Construction, Office Support, Technical, Property, Trades and Social Housing/Public Sectors.
If you would like to know more about the vacancy or find out other opportunities within the Architectural Industry, please contact Will Elliott.