Salary range £19000 to £23000
Generous overtime rates
Fully funded training
Are you an IT Technician with a passion for IT, looking for an opportunity for further training and genuine career progression? If so, we have an exciting vacancy for an IT Technician to join a friendly, growing organisation offering first and second line support to top-performing, well known, companies across Lincolnshire. We are ideally looking for an IT graduate with 2 – 3 years hands on experience, or an apprentice served IT Technician, with the ability to progress and with a desire to be trained in products that will service the needs of our clients (e.g. WatchGuard and Microsoft).
We are seeking an IT Technician with a passion for delivering a high standard of customer service, who will encompass all training offered for which you will be well rewarded and enjoy continued development and progression.
Personal Specification – IT Technician:
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Strong IT proficiency - 1st and 2nd line support.
- Good IT troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of fault severity and impact, assigning priority and logging information.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office products.
- Good understanding of license compliance and anti-piracy measures.
- Good understanding of IT security.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Exchange server and how to configure, patch and maintain.
- Knowledge of Firewalls (specifically WatchGuard) and routers, or willing to be trained.
- Knowledge of TCP IP, DNS and DHCP.
- Microsoft Hyper-V knowledge.
- Understanding of SSL & IPSEC VPNs.
- Ability to deploy & manage AV (specifically Symantec & ESET).
- High level of attention to detail.
- Good organisation and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to manage own workload and use initiative.
- Able to build and maintain working relationships internally and externally.
- Strong team player.
- Full driving licence.
Key IT Technician responsibilities:
- Support Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft office products.
- General IT administration, including changes to Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365.
- Administration of devices such as hardware firewalls, NAS devices and managed switches.
- Installation of software & operating system patches.
- Accurately and diligently check client backup applications for failures, log and escalate.
- Monitoring of customers networks including triage and escalation.
- Assist users with remote access and general troubleshooting.