Finance Manager / Financial Accountant - ACCA / CIMA Qualified
Job Title: Finance Manager
Salary: £45,000 per annum
Position: Full Time, Permanent (Monday - Friday 08:00 - 17:30)
Are you looking for a fresh challenge in a newly created role?
Would you like to join a rapidly expanding company and add real value to their business?
If so then this could be the ideal opportunity for you!
This newly created position of Finance Manager is within the Accounts Department and will report to the Finance Director. The main purpose of the role is to ensure the Accounts Department runs effectively on a daily basis and that all financial data is prepared in an accurate and timely manner. A key component of the role will be the move away from manual processes and introducing ways of working to increase efficiency and improve process.
- Supervise, train and support the accounts team in day to day duties by:
- Management of workloads, work flow, staff performance and staffing levels to maximize productivity
- Regular communication to accounts team through appropriate channels, such as team and one to one meetings
- Performance management of accounts team, currently for 6 direct reports
- Manage the attendance of accounts team by monitoring holidays and absences
- Foster team spirit by encouraging, supporting, coaching and motivating all members of the accounts team
- Recruit and select new staff as required with the Finance Director Support
- Support the Finance Director through:
- Production of year-end accounts, including making files and information available for the SAR audit
- Production of management information, such as month end accounts and monthly balance sheets
- Management of Fixed Asset Register
- Overseeing bank reconciliations
- Providing monthly vehicle cost analysis
- Developing team KPIs for performance and efficiency
- Deputise for the Finance Director when required.
- Liaise with outsourced payroll provider to ensure successful submission of monthly salary payments
- Complete month end reporting in:
- VAT return
- Closing of Sales and Purchase Ledgers
- Salary payments
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Provide support and assistance to the Directors when requesting financial information
The successful Candidate will have/ be:
- Part or fully qualified accountant with experience of finance management in a logistics and/or supplier environment with a good understanding of Fuelsoft
- The ability to increase efficiency and improve processes by moving away from current manual processes
- Strong numerical and IT skills with advanced experience of Microsoft products
- The capacity to work and thrive in a busy and time sensitive environment, demonstrating initiative, enthusiasm and the ability to multi-task is essential
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with colleagues and suppliers, including the capability to explain complex financial matters in a clear and concise manner
- Possess strong organisational skills with the ability to work flexibly, under pressure and to tight deadlines
What's on offer?
- A convenient work location next to Harlow train station
- Increasing holiday allowance with accumulating years of service
- A friendly and welcoming work environment offering Summer and Christmas social events
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Management Accountant, Accountant, Bookkeeper, Revenue Accountant, Finance Manager, Head of Finance, Accounts Manager, Chartered Accountant, Senior Accountant, Head of Accounts, Revenue Accountancy, Qualified Accountant, ACA, ACCA and CIMA may be considered for this role.