Cambridge University Press has an opportunity available for a Solutions Architect to join our Central Web Services team based in Cambridge. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, we are offering a competitive salary of £39,730 - £47,675 per annum plus benefits.
We have over 2,500 talented employees across 50 international offices uniting all our publishing groups. We’re one of the world’s most respected publisher, driven by the purpose of unlocking people’s potential with the best learning and research solutions.
We need determined individuals to help make this happen. We work in global teams, tackle the big issues, raise education standards, and deliver innovative solutions to learners and researchers.
We will offer a fantastic benefits package to the Solutions Architect:
- Dynamic work environment that empowers you to be your best
- Group personal pension
- Free life assurance
- Inclusive and flexible working environment
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- On-site fitness facilities
- Easily accessible with a 10 minutes walk from the train station
About the Solutions Architect role:
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate, the role in the first instance will be focussed on supporting the ongoing roll out of our new Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) platform but with a remit to engage with and support ongoing changes to other supported services including our Ecommerce offering.
You will be responsible for ensuring the anticipated business benefits are achieved from the platform through implementation of SSO features required by on-boarding platforms and the wider range of benefits delivered through well architected and delivered services. You will join a growing team and contribute to the shape of future support for our web marketing and ecommerce related central services.
The role covers operational planning and ongoing development of platforms and services in collaboration with business stakeholders. Developing relationships and working closely with 3rd party support teams will also form an important part of this role.
You will have a keen focus on continuous improvement to the technology solutions in place and a keen demonstrable interest and capability to keep up with current thinking and developments in the web applications sphere. You will possess an enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude, ability to think strategically, out of the box and demonstrate capable thought leadership.
Skills and experience required to become our Solutions Architect:
- Significant commercial development experience with demonstrable skills across a broad range of web technologies
- Excellent business analysis skills, ideally with an ISEB or equivalent certification
- Excellent solution design, analysis and documentation skills
- Significant experience of web infrastructure, identity and access management and related web technology areas (specifically ecommerce)
- Ability to document process and procedures clearly, concisely and for a range of audiences
- Oracle/MySQL skills and strong data modelling skills
- Experience of Mobile/App development
- IT Architecture certification (ISEB/TOGAF)
- To have worked within a Publishing environment
- Java, PHP experience
- SOA and Web Service Development experience
- Previous line management experience
- Experience of working with off-shore development teams
Why not click ‘apply’ now? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an organisation that plays a leading role in today’s global market place as our Solutions Architect.
If you’re ready to embrace the opportunities this role brings then please complete our online application form by Wednesday 20th February.