Project Manager - Events / Infrastructure
3 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: St Ives, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive dependant on experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
The company provides temporary event solutions, designing and delivering complete live environments for the most prestigious sporting, commercial and cultural occasions in the global calendar including events like Wimbledon, The Open Championships, Cheltenham Races, HSBC Abu Dhabi Golf Championships, USGA, and the PGA of America.
They are now looking to recruit a Project Manager to take overall responsibility for delivering infrastructure projects for the Structures Division of the Company at the required standard within agreed budgets and meeting clients' expectations within the expected profit margins.
It's a customer facing role and at the same time requires developing strong cross-functional links with Operations, Finance and Commercial teams. They are looking for excellent communicators with a firm grasp on cost control and planning.
- Using the client's brief define the project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Identify the required team resources for the project and assign responsibilities to the team members.
- Produce a detailed programme and working budget for each project.
- Monitor and report on the progress of the projects both internally and to the client.
- Source and appoint suitable sub-contractors to ensure delivery of the project to the expected standard and within budget.
- Follow the change control process to ensure all variations are identified and agreed both internally and by the client during the project.
- Manage the day to day operational requirements of the project.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and appropriately stored.
- Maintain regular communications with relevant stake holders to ensure that all those involved in the implementation of the project receive timely and accurate information.
- Ensure that the project operates according to the company health & safety and environmental policy, and that project staff are adequately briefed regarding their responsibilities within these policies.
- Ensure all quality requirements are met.
- Take overall ownership of the project and act as a key contact for the client and internal stakeholders for dealing with any problems arising on site.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Project Management.
- Engineering or Management based degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience of managing contracts.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Adaptable approach, ability to negotiate and level with the clients.
- Experience of planning and reporting progress against project programmes.
- Proven ability to manage large budgets.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Experience of managing staff.
- Direct experience of delivery within the events and/or construction industry.
- Flexibility to work the hours required for business needs and to travel extensively in the UK and overseas.
- Team working
- Planning and Organising
- Detail Handling
- Staff Management
- Good communication skills
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
Join their team to get involved in some most prestigious national and global events in sports and show business.
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button to send your CV & Cover Letter.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Project Coordinator, Project Management, Project Manager, Project Team Leader, Project Supervisor, Project Management, Project Engineer, Structural Project Manager, Events Manager, Structural Engineer, Contracts Manager, Infrastructure may also considered for this role.
Apply for Project Manager - Events / Infrastructure
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly