Safe House Team Leader (Modern Slavery, Trafficking) HEST69564
4 days left
- Full Time
Be part of the modern slavery conversation.
Our client is the largest provider of accommodation and outreach support to survivors of Modern Slavery in London. They also provide safe house accommodation in Kent.
‘Trafficking’ is the movement of a person from one place to another for the purposes of exploitation. Individuals may have been forced, coerced or deceived into coming, or may have come willingly to the UK but been deceived about the nature or conditions of work they would experience on their arrival.
Due to promotion of the current Team Leader, they are looking for someone who can inspire and support a team of Safe House Advocates. Their team is ever expanding offering career opportunities, a wide range of training sessions, a fantastic work environment and the chance to work in a highly specialist team supporting survivors of modern day slavery in an accommodation based setting.
Our client welcomes applications from candidates with lived experience.
- Ability and some experience of managing a service within budget.
- Experience of providing a high quality Supported Housing, in an asylum, Modern Slavery or social care or outreach services; including compliance with health and safety and support for individuals with ill mental health and complex needs.
- Excellent knowledge of Modern Slavery and issues related to signs, symptoms and treatments of complex mental illness; ability to assess service users declining mental health and take appropriate action (as suitable to the post).
- Excellent knowledge of The Modern Slavery Act 2015, the NRM process, Immigration & Asylum legislation, Health and Safety and welfare benefits legislation.
- Knowledge of methods of assessing, formulating, implementing, recording, reviewing and monitoring service user support and assessment plans.
- Ability to positively promote the organisation at external events, including delivering presentations and creating marketing material.
- Understanding of, and the ability to implement good Equality & Diversity practice.
- Previous experience of using computer based systems to accurately record work and client details.
- The ability to create a vision for the future and to motivate and manage people to achieve that vision.
- Able to use computer systems to create accurate reports and able to assess and audit staff ability to use computer systems to record client data accurately and to a high standard.
- Ability to write & interpret complex reports.
- Excellent level of spoken & written English and grammar.
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding issues and ability to address them appropriately.
In return they offer a competitive salary, a supportive working environment and a host of benefits including pension, employee discounts, 25 days holiday per annum (for full-time positions) plus the option to buy an additional 3 weeks, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan.
Our client is proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Hours: 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday, Flexi time (core hours 10am-4pm)
Closing date: 20 February 2019
Our client supports adults and children across London in times of crisis.
Last year they worked with more than 9,000 people, including victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people. From giving someone a home to helping them to get the right mental health support, they support and enable people at the moment of crisis.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Safe House Team Leader (Modern Slavery, Trafficking) HEST69564
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly