Personal Injury Fee Earner - RTA
Job Title: RTA Litigation Fee earner (non-portal)
Location: Northenden, Manchester
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 + Commission
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
The Company is a top 200 Law firm that specialises in personal injury, covering every area of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence matters. They truly pride themselves on the work they do helping injured people.
The Company is LEXCEL and Law Society accredited and is a Legal 500 Leading Firm for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Six of their Partners are members of the Law Society Specialist Personal Injury Panel and one of them is a member of the Law Society Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel.
They are currently looking for an additional litigator to join the Road Traffic Accidents department. They'd expect the successful candidate to be either 2 year PQE / Cilex / or alternatively qualified by experience. Tenacity, ability and enthusiasm are more important than qualification. The role will be to manage your own caseload of predominately non-portal litigated or intended for litigation fast track RTA matters.
For candidates they offer strong supervision channels, excellent training including away days, and a chance to join a highly ambitious and growing firm. They have high quality non-CMC work and a positive working environment, in addition to their strong range of employee benefits, more details below.
What They're Looking For:
- Proven billing track record of handling a litigated caseload.
- Genuine tenacity.
- A focus on advancing cases to and through litigation to achieve the best possible outcome for clients.
- Ability to handle RTA fast track cases. Although predominately a non-portal caseload - the successful candidate must have experience of the portal.
- Knowledge of the civil procedure rules, precedent, trends in litigation, and an ability and willingness to utilise the same to achieve the best possible outcome for clients.
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with litigated files from inception, through applications and challenges, to trial / disposal hearing.
- Knowledge of Proclaim case management system.
- Demonstrable willingness to take the more difficult course and to ignore the easy option, to achieve the best possible outcome for clients.
The salary for this role will be £30,000 to £35,000 depending on experience. There is also an excellent commission structure, with no hurdles or caps and paid monthly in arrears.
8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday and 8:30am - 5pm Friday.
Holidays & Benefits
The Company always endeavour to recruit and retain the best staff around. To do so they offer competitive remuneration packages, ongoing training and development opportunities, and a wide variety of interesting and challenging work. Additionally, they also offer the following incentives:
- 23 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 26 days, plus bank/public hols. 3 of these days are reserved for between Christmas and New Year
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with contributory payments by the Company above that of auto-enrolment
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
- Private medical insurance available after 2 years' service
- Life Assurance policy - 2 x basic salary - eligibility commences when you join the company
- Active social committee, firm pays for trips to e. Escape Rooms, annual quiz night, Christmas party, and a biennial Summer Party
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Roof garden, Table Tennis, Free fruit delivered twice a week and more
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Fee Earner, Legal Caseworker, Newly Qualified Solicitor, Law Graduate, Junior Solicitor, Lawyer, PI Solicitor, Personal Injury Lawyer, Chartered Legal Executive, Personal Injury Caseworker, PI Caseworker, Personal Injury Fee Earner, PI Fee Earner, Solicitor will also be considered for this role.