Marketing & Communications Officer
Marketing & Communications Officer
Aldershot, Hampshire (with occasional travel throughout the local area)
Are you looking to utilise your creativity in an exciting, new role? Want to support the success of a fresh-thinking not-for-profit as a Marketing & Communications Officer? If so, we want to hear from you.
We are Step by Step, a charity dedicated to supporting local young people who are going through hard times, including homelessness. Founded in 1987, we provide accommodation, personal development opportunities and specialist support services to help young people identify and fulfil their aspirations.
We’re currently looking for a Marketing & Communications Officer to join us and increase awareness of our work and expand our supporter base.
- Salary of £25,694 - £30,480 DOE
- Potential for home working one day a week
- Work alongside a highly-skilled, passionate team
- Take on an engaging role where your work will make a real difference
This is a fantastic opportunity to influence the voice and image of a charity that is helping young people to overcome adversity, achieve their ambitions and thrive.
We strive for excellence in all we do, foster an honest and open environment, take ownership of our work, words and actions and achieve teamwork through successful collaborations and partnerships.
So, if you’re looking to join an award-winning, growing charity and want to help us empower young people and prevent homelessness, this is the role for you.
As a Marketing & Communications Officer, you’ll lead the design and development of Step by Step’s marketing content and activity, focusing particularly on digital channels.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you’ll oversee a range of communications and marketing activities to further the work, profile and vision of our organisation.
Specifically, you will:
- Help to plan, implement and evaluate income generation and awareness campaigns
- Maintain and enhance our website (with help from our external developers)
- Identify potential news stories and PR opportunities
- Analyse market trends and use these to inform our strategy
- Occasionally undertake local travel to support events and visit clients
To join us as a Marketing & Communications Officer, you’ll need:
- At least one year’s digital marketing experience
- Experience of developing and implementing a marcoms strategy
- Proven copywriting skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle (insurance will be covered)
Knowledge of Modex, Mailchimp and Harlequin CRM would be beneficial, but this isn’t essential.
We’d love to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Digital Marketing Executive, Marketing & Communications Executive, Marcoms Executive, Marcoms Co-ordinator, Communication Executive, Communications Officer, Marketing Campaign Executive or Online Marketing Executive.
This is a full time role, working 40 hours per week, however, for the right candidate, we can offer this role on a part time basis, working a minimum of 32 hours per week.
Webrecruit and Step by Step are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re an enthusiastic Marketing & Communications Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 40 hours per week