3 days left
- Full Time
We are Reach because it's what we do
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- Monthly management accounts production and review
- Investigate and resolve issues in a logical manner providing the reporting link between the operational businesses and group head office
- Preparation of budget information to strict deadlines
- Variance Analysis and business insight
- Support for Functional Heads and Operational Directors
- Provide insight and support to Finance Directors, Finance Managers and Group Finance
- Balance Sheet Control
- Apply best practice and lead continuos improvement
- Year end statutory accounts preparation, statutory reporting and audit
- Directing and planning the work of Assistant Accountants
The Ideal Candidate
- CIMA/ACA/ACCA newly / nearly qualified
- Excellent general IT skills
- Advanced excel skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Conscientious, reliable individual, who is able to work as part of a team and on their own initiative
- Ability & experience of working to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- An ability to prioritise own workload, manage time and react to the demands of the business
- Good communication skills both written and oral
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.