Property and Asset Manager
Property and Asset Manager
Three Rivers District Council is an ambitious and innovative local public sector organisation. Located in Rickmansworth, South Hertfordshire, we are just a train ride from central London and just inside the M25.
With a population of 86,000, our district combines the best of the Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and a thriving urban landscape with award-winning leisure facilities and great access to London Underground and Overground Stations.
We are now seeking a Property and Asset Manager to join our team.
- Salary of £50,000 - £55,000
- 28 days’ holiday rising with service, in addition to Bank Holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted leisure centre membership
- Employee volunteering schemes
- Access to discounted activities and days out
This is the ideal role for someone from a commercial property background to support property activities within our progressive council.
Three Rivers is one of the great UK success stories at local government level. We’ve got high employment, great industry and a number of exciting projects in the pipeline to help rejuvenate our town centres.
You’ll be playing a vital role in maintaining our profitability as a council and ensuring we provide outstanding property and asset management services.
As our Property and Asset Manager, you will be tasked with overseeing our Asset and Property Management Team operating within the Property Department.
Having transferred all our residential properties to a housing association several years ago, we focus on commercial properties for our management activities.
This is an exciting time to join our team as we embark on a programme to make significant improvements to the way we work and manage properties and assets.
To be considered as our Property and Asset Manager, you will need:
- To be an experienced property and asset manager
- Significant experience of working with a commercial property folio
- A successful working history of landlord and tenant negotiations
- Experience of appointing, managing, and working with both in-house and external surveyors, solicitors and other contractors
- Hands-on experience of service charges, including apportionment, overseeing programmes of works, setting budgets, and service charge accounts
- Knowledge of property terriers and property data management
Ideally, you will be Associate RICS or MRICS qualified, but this is by no means essential.
Other organisations may call this role Property and Asset Manager, Property Manager, Asset Manager, Property & Asset Programme Manager, Estate Manager or Commercial Property Manager.
Webrecruit and Three Rivers District Council are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking a new property-based challenge as a Property and Asset Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.