REGISTERED CHILDRENS HOMES MANAGER
REGISTERED CHILDRENS HOMES MANAGER
SureCare Residential provide short and long term residential services for young people aged from 11 - 18 with emotional and behavioural difficulties, in a therapeutic homely environment. SureCare has now been established for 10 years and we currently have 4 homes (based in Braintree, Sawbridgeworth, Harlow and Saffron Walden) and an independent school, which are all consistently rated Good with Ofsted. Our aim is to support our young people to grow self-esteem, build positive relationships and trust, re-engage in education and look to build a brighter future for themselves.
An exciting opportunity for Homes Manager is now being recruited for within one of our homes. Within this role you will be responsible for the day to day running of the home.
As the environment will be ever changing and challenging, we need a very robust individual who understands this client group and can lead, inspire and motivate a team of people to support, manage and develop the young people within this service.
The role requires a dynamic individual who can use their experience, knowledge and organisational skills to ensure the home thrives. You will be required to demonstrate practical leadership skills, expert communication, and the ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment whilst following all current legislations and SureCare’s own policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have a solid career history in residential social care, including at least 2 years management experience and previous registration with Ofsted. You will have a proven track record of managing a successful service.
Requirements of Homes Manager:
- At least 2 years’ experience managing a residential home for looked after children and young people (including previous registration with Ofsted)
- Qualifications including RMA (Registered Managers Award), NVQ level 4 in management, NVQ level 4 in care, & Social Work diploma/degree/QCF level 5 in Leadership & Management.
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to use initiative with effective decision making
- Ability to deal with conflict/crisis situations effectively and in a therapeutic manner (managing both staff and young people)
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary consultative team with other internal and external professionals
- Effective communication skills to disseminate information
- Excellent and sound knowledge of residential guidelines including Quality Standards, Care Standards Act, Children’s home regulations, Children’s Act
- Experience of managing budgets
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Assess and Manage referrals for both short notice and planned approach.
- An excellent role model and mentor to lead by example to develop staff.
Responsibilities of Homes Manager:
- To effectively maintain a high standards of professional practice by keeping a close eye on the running of the home, developing staff through their supervisions and motivating them to keep positive about the young people we care for.
- Ensure that resources are used and organised in ways which are most useful with the running of the home, ensuring that they are best suited to meeting the physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual needs of individual residents.
- Work with the Management team to implement, maintain and develop the Residential Services in accordance with the Children’s Homes Regulations and ensure compliance with the regulations and standards of the National Care Standards Act 2000.