Technical Support Engineer / Systems Administrator
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Enfield, London
Salary: £21,000 - £30,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (4 day on, 4 day off basis and will include day and night shifts)
The Company is a London based managed hosting, colocation and network services provider which offers secure, agile, scalable and robust hosting solutions to clients in varying sectors including enterprise, financial services, government and public sector as well as Insurance, wholesale, oil and manufacturing.
From their securely operated facilities in London, UK they are able to provide services ranging from a single dedicated server to managed multi-server clusters, secure cages or private suites complimented by 24/7 onsite staff and premium network bandwidth or point-to-point connections to the carrier of your choice.
The Company currently have vacancies for a Systems Administrator at £21,000 - £30,000p dependant on experience, knowledge and capabilities.
The ideal candidate should be a team player with excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills in order to deal with daily tasks. All candidates will be required to complete a brief (20 question) multiple choice test on-line to confirm their knowledge before being invited to an interview.
Please note that these positions are strictly based onsite in their datacentre. It is imperative that candidates have good spoken and written English.
- Good communication skills
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Knowledge of Linux, FreeBSD and Windows Server (installation, configuration and maintenance)
- Experience setting up, configuring and maintaining common internet services: HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, SSH, FTP, SMTP etc
- Installation and configuration of internet software: IIS, MSSQL, Apache, MySQL, BIND, Sendmail, Postfix/Exim, PHP et cetera
- Knowledge of industry standard control panels such as cPanel, Plesk et cetera
- Knowledge of the Internet, its structure and basic networking, which includes experience with TCP/IP networking protocol and applications
- Ability to troubleshoot simple technical issues quickly and effectively with minimum supervision
- Basic scripting ability with Perl & Shell
- Experience with installation and management of computing hardware (experience with server hardware preferable)
- Ability to develop/engineer/recommend solutions to complex technical problems
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues quickly and effectively with minimal supervision
The following skills are preferred but not necessarily required:
- Knowledge of hypervisor-based virtualization systems including solutions such as OpenStack, CloudStack and to have knowledge of concepts such as SaaS, IaaS, DaaS et cetera
Both roles will be based on shift rotas on a 4 day on, 4 day off basis and will include day and night shifts, you will be permanently based at their datacentre and will not be expected to travel as part of the role.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Technical Support, IT Technical Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, Systems Technician, Systems Administrator, IT Systems, Systems Developer, Systems Support, Software Support, 3rd Line Support, Systems Administrator, Systems Lead, Lead Systems Administrator, Lead Systems Support, Systems Architect, Software Architect, 1st Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 3rd Line Support Engineer, Linux, Commercial Systems Administration, Networking Engineer, Linux Systems Admin, FreeBSD, MSSQL, MySQL, PHP, OpenStack, CloudStck, SaaS, IaaS, DaaS may also be considered for this role.