Triangle, Cambridge, CB2 8EA
What it’s about
Are you a product manager with a background in education or digital solutions?
An exciting opportunity is available for a Product Manager to work with a dynamic Digital and New Products Team responsible for early stage digital learning and assessment products.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Portfolio, you will be managing specific digital products globally, developing and implementing global product strategies and initiatives for edtech products.
What you’ll be doing
Working closely with our overseas offices, business and marketing teams and agile product owners, you will have responsibility for the management of specified digital products across the product lifecycle.
- Develop and implement product strategies, review performance and make recommendations to maximise products and opportunities
- Identify and explore new market and product opportunities, commissioning research and using data to define focus and priorities
- Manage development roadmaps focusing on customer needs
- Prepare business and operational readiness to successfully launch and grow new product types
- Define global go-to-market strategies and oversee their implementation
- Drive sales to meet agreed global targets
What we’re looking for
- B2B business or marketing background in an international role
- Experience in product management role or similar (2+ years) preferably in an education setting or working with digital solutions
- Able to demonstrate experience in both product development and taking products to market
- Data driven; ability to monitor product performance, prepare business cases and use data to make decisions
- Highly collaborative, able to work across a matrix organisation and influence stakeholders
- Action oriented and uses initiative and problem solving to make progress
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably with a marketing or business related qualification
Who we are:
Cambridge Assessment English is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We are the global leader in English language assessment. We help people learn English and prove their skills to the world. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 13 February 2019 and interviews will be held on 27th February 2019.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER