Arborist - Climber
Arborist - Climber
Salary: £22,081 rising to £25,043 p/annum
Permanent | 08.00 - 16.00 core hours with flexi-time (average 37 p/week)
Closing Dates: Sunday 03 March 2019
Interviews | Held on the 12th March in Blackburn
The Together Housing Group is a leading Housing Association based in the North of England. We are based from Blackburn in the West to Hull in the East, with over 37,000 homes and actively improving the lives of over 50,000 residents. We are currently enjoying a period of sustained growth and, as this period of growth continues we are looking to enhance all of our teams.
This role is to assist with the implementation of a live arboriculture service, based out of the Calderdale region covering all of our estates but may be required to travel to other areas. You will be responsible for assisting in the management of our tree stock, along with relevant inspections.
This role will be to assist the wider Grounds Maintenance team, and under the instruction of the Lead Arborist to provide an overall efficient and effective environmental management service; which will create a safe, secure and clean environment on the estates for all of our tenants and customers.
You will be assisting in the management of all of our trees, undertaking arboricultural tasks and associated work.
You will be undertaking tree surveys, aerial inspections, information gathering on diseases & defects as well as tree hazard evaluations. You will do this on a rolling cyclical inspection programme, and ensure that all the outcomes are correctly recorded, so that they can be managed and actioned.
In order to undertake the role as an arborist / climber, you will require the following key skills, knowledge & experience:
- Previous experience of working in the arboriocultural industry, including professional climbing ability to current industry best practice.
- You will need to have experience of undertaking tree surveys and aerial tree inspections.
- You will need a sound understanding of current industry best practice – especially in regards to BS 3998:2010
- You will need a working knowledge of all machinery and tools required for Arboriculture.
- Due to the nature of the role, candidates will need at least Technician Grade – Royal Forestry or equivalent.
- You will also be required to hold NPTC CS30, CS31, CS38, CS39 & NPTC Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of a Manually Fed Wood Chipper or equivalent.
- The ideal candidate will also already hold their CS32, CS33, CS34, CS35, CS40, CS41, CS47 (IPAF certification) & CS48.
- Due to the nature of the role, you will require a full driving license including trailer towing (category C1+E).
In return we can offer you a great set of benefits which includes;
- 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 years service) + bank holidays.
- A great flexible working environment with a range of family friendly policies.
- Great new comfortable and modern offices.
- A huge scope of personal development opportunities.
- A very attractive pension scheme & healthcare benefits as well.
- For the more active minded we also offer a “cycle to work” scheme.
How to Apply
Click the apply button and follow the instructions.
There are two ways to apply for this role.
- Click the apply button and follow the instructions. You will be directed to their career page where you will be required to complete an application form.
- OR Send a copy of your CV & covering letter to email@example.com
Together Housing is dedicated to ensuring that the principles and duties of safeguarding both adults and children are holistically, consistently and conscientiously applied with the wellbeing of all in mind.
Together Housing Group is an Investor in People organisation.