Head of Humanitarian Unit
Head of Humanitarian Unit
Dublin (with overseas travel to visit programme sites)
€Excellent DOE Plus Potential to Join Healthcare Scheme, 22 Days’ Holiday & Additional Benefits (after 12 months’ service)
Currently operating in 13 countries, GOAL is a global humanitarian aid charity that has helped tens of millions of people over the last 40 years. They are now looking for a Head of Humanitarian Unit to join their team in Dublin.
If you are a high calibre professional with experience of overseeing humanitarian programmes, this is an amazing opportunity to join a charity that supports the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people.
As the Head of Humanitarian Unit, you will oversee GOAL’s emergency response programming.
Specifically, you’ll develop and manage the charity’s capacity to respond to emergencies and ensure strategies are in place to help mitigate the impact of humanitarian crises.
Working with Departmental Managers and the Senior Management Team, you’ll position the charity as one of the pre-eminent global emergency response agencies. You’ll oversee the Humanitarian Unit, including taking ownership of the budget and effectively allocating resources.
You’ll liaise with existing programmes to ensure emergency preparedness plans are in place and contribute to the evaluation of humanitarian programmes to identify ways GOAL can improve existing operations.
Additionally, you’ll travel to visit GOAL’s current and protracted humanitarian programmes, acting in a learning and support capacity.
To be considered, you will need:
- At least ten years’ experience (including at least six in a managerial capacity) of implementing and managing overseas humanitarian programmes, including those funded by OFDA, ECHO and UN agencies
- Experience of leading the establishment of new emergency response and humanitarian programming
- Previous experience of representing an organisation with institutional donors
- Experience of supporting proposal development and internal and external reporting
- A track record of contingency planning and engaging with cluster co-ordination systems
- Experience of working with a Complaints and Response Mechanism and in relation to Stakeholder Information
- Budgetary and financial management skills
Organised and pragmatic, as the Head of Humanitarian Unit, you’ll have excellent English communication skills, the ability to work well under pressure and a collaborative approach.
Fluency in French or Arabic, in addition to English, would be beneficial to your application.
To apply for the role of Head of Humanitarian Unit, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Head of Humanitarian Unit, Head of Emergency Response, Emergency Response Programme Manager, Humanitarian Aid Programme Manager, Head of Humanitarian Aid, Head of Emergency Response Programming.