Bingley, Bradford, West Yorkshire
£40,000 - £50,000
Are you seeking a fresh challenge in a collaborative team environment & flexible business culture?
Are you motivated by solving a good puzzle and finding the right coding solution?
Our client's Java Developer role, working in a Scrum team, is responsible for the delivery of code into production using agile approaches and a DevOps framework, while participating diligently and openly in self-organizing and cross-functional teams. You’d take shared responsibility for the creation of reliable, secure and highly functional code that meets agreed requirements. You’d work in concert with the wider Scrum team and supporting functions, such as Architecture, Infrastructure, Delivery and Service Management to ensure that the team is delivering appropriate value within a scalable framework.
- Designing and developing solutions to Stories and Tasks assigned to and being raised by your Scrum team.
- Creating documentation so that your colleagues understand what has been implemented for any given task and how to complete reoccurring tasks
- Take part in meetings with your Scrum Team and Java Chapter
- Provide input into the Java Chapter so that code quality is improved, and new technologies can be discussed
- Work with the Architecture team to achieve the right balance between emergent design and architectural guidelines to ensure that the team can deliver solutions to requirements efficiently and in the right context
- Taking responsibility where relevant, for cross-cutting activities such as development of security standards, identification of appropriate tooling for application performance management or participation in procurement and partner management activities.
Skills & Competencies:
- Demonstrable experience in Java JEE development
- Databases - SQL and/or NoSQL
- Experience using some of the technologies used at Emerald:
- Essential: Java (8 or above), Junit, SpringMVC, SpringBoot, SQL, Git
- Desired: JPA, NoSQL, xQuery, REST, AWS, BitBucket, Maven/Gradle, RestAssured
- A flexible and open approach to acquiring new skills
- Team work especially working within an Agile environment
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- DevOps principles, processes (including continuous integration, testing and delivery) and culture
- Agile development, Scrum and Kanban methodologiesLean development approaches, including prototyping, elimination of drudgery and continuous learning
- Collaborative development approaches such as pair programming
- BDD / TDD techniques and technologies, e.g. Cucumber
Behaviours & Attributes:
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- A creative problem solver who relishes a good puzzle
- Methodical and focused
- Team worker
- Active interest in emerging technologies and their capacity to benefit our customers, business and / or the team
- Outcome focused problem-solving approach
- Takes responsibility and promotes a culture of accountability for delivery