Job Title: Assessment Manager
Contract: x 2 18 Months Fixed Term Contracts. Part Time and Full Time Applicants Welcome.
Start Date: May 2019
What it’s about
There are two posts available. These would suit individuals with a specialism in one or more of the following subject areas – Arts, English, Humanities, Languages, Maths, Sciences or Social Sciences. Experience of assessment is essential; ideally, this will include international assessment. The roles will involve managing assessment products for a range of subject specific qualifications and will necessitate working across a range of different subject areas, requiring flexibility in approach. Assessment Managers are involved in checking, proofreading and signing off assessment materials, as well as managing examiners to ensure accuracy of marking and conformity to Cambridge Assessment International Education’s assessment standards. They work with a range of stakeholders and ensure that assessment providers are fully competent to deliver assessments in accordance with Cambridge standards. Part of the role involves supporting a diverse range of customers. This is an office-based role.
What you'll be doing
- Manage the design, development and delivery of a portfolio of syllabuses that reflect the values of the Cambridge Learner and teacher and also meet the needs of customers, meet Cambridge Assessment International Education’s assessment standards and the Code of Practice.
- Ensure that question papers and key documentation are produced efficiently, in line with procedures, on time and to the highest standards of quality and accuracy.
- Ensure that marking, grading and results and appeals procedures and responsibilities assigned to the post are carried out accurately and effectively, according to agreed procedures and to schedule.
- Manage the appointment, allocation of work, performance and succession planning of Setters, Revisers and Vetters, item writers, Assistant Examiners, Principal Examiners and other assessment providers to ensure that assessments are produced, marked and graded in accordance with Cambridge Assessment International Examination’s standards.
- In conjunction with the Development Division as appropriate, work collaboratively with schools, partner organisations and ministries to develop and revise syllabuses and associated materials to ensure that they meet their needs, are cost effective and reflect the current developments in the subject area.
- Contribute to the development of Cambridge Assessment International Education’s strategy to use technology to provide on-line assessment, training and teacher support materials.
- Contribute to improvement projects (systems/quality improvements), innovations, and working groups as appropriate in respect to continuous improvements and maintenance of quality procedures or the on-going delivery of assessment projects.
- Organise the provision of consultancy services in some situations and contribute to training for partner organisations and ministries in relation to assessment of subjects in the portfolio and deliver outcomes to agreed timescales and quality.
- Maintain quality control standards of qualifications submitted for accreditation in order to ensure that Cambridge accreditation services are met, if relevant. This may include in country evaluation of assessment processes.
- To monitor costs of assessment materials production or project budgets.
What we’re looking for
- Educated to degree level in one or more of the following subject areas – Arts, English, Humanities, Languages, Maths, Sciences or Social Sciences.
- Knowledge of assessment in education
- High standard of English
- Post-graduate qualification in educational assessment, management or project management
- Teaching qualification
- Knowledge of international education
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong track record of effective ‘people’ skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Team player
- Highly proactive
- Ability to self-manage
- Ability to prioritise
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to work with basic statistics/ data handling and interpretation ability
- Able to engage with technology and basic IT skills
- Extensive teaching experience and/or project management experience
- Experience in education-related project management at a senior level
- Examination administration
- Examining experience
- Can-do and proactive
- Appropriate judgement on decisions essential
- Collaborative, open and takes responsibility
- Open to change
- Meticulous approach; following procedures is essential
Who we are:
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners’ potential.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 27/01/2019 and interviews will be held on 11/02/2019.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER