General Manager - Boston Tea Party
General Manager - Boston Tea Party
Solihull, West Midlands
Boston Tea Party is a unique British business that is bringing the soul back to the UK’s high streets. We’re leading the fight against boring corporate coffee chains, and driving change through good food, reusable cups and renewable energy.
Since 1995 when we opened our first café, we’ve expanded to 22 cafes, each with a different, local feel but each with our underlying ethos of doing things our way, caring about our environment and focusing on our customers. That’s why we no longer use single use coffee cups, only use renewable energy in our kitchens and every café is breastfeeding and dog friendly.
We’re now looking for a General Manager to join us in Solihull and drive excitement and buzz around one of our newest sites which has the potential to become a huge success.
- Salary of £25,000 - £28,000
- Annual bonus (paid quarterly)
- Company sick pay scheme
- Pension contributions: up to 2% employer + 2% employee
- Holiday: 5.6 weeks (pro-rata depending on hours)
- Paid breaks & free staff food when working a six or more hour shifts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff discounts of 25% off the entire bill
- Plenty of other incentives
This is a rare opportunity for a proven general manager from a restaurant background to take on a new challenge with our amazing, growing and ethically-focused business.
Our Solihull site is based in an old school building and has the potential to develop huge footfall and plenty of business. Having only opened in 2018, Solihull is primed and ready for a GM with bags of enthusiasm who will organise events, drive our brand forward and bring the Boston Tea Party vibe to the West Midlands.
We’ve got an incredible set of values and our manifesto is more than just words – it’s the code we live, breathe and work by.
Aside from loving breakfast so much we serve it all day, we’re curious, independent, and focused upon being decent, honest and fair. We back potential, build confidence and love being unusual and working together to make things better.
We want to be the best we can be, we learn from our mistakes and we do things the right way without cutting corners. Finally, we do believe in a better world and we also know that what we do is a proper job and offer career opportunities to support this.
As the General Manager, you will be delivering and driving the Boston Tea Party philosophy of making things better.
We’re looking for someone to bring creative leadership to our Solihull site, alongside an amazing customer focus and willingness to take on a challenge. So, aside from producing and delivering fantastic food and amazing customer experiences, you’ll make sure the space is filled with happy people, good vibes and exciting, engaging events and community spirit.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Hiring talent based on shared values
- Engaging, developing and empowering your team
- Driving Boston Tea Party brand standards and high product quality
- Further integrating our café into the community
- Always looking for ways to make things better
To be considered as our next General Manager, you will need:
- Experience as a general manager within a restaurant
- Previous experience of developing your own staff
- Evidence of maximising revenue and generating growth within a food and beverage retail setting
- Experience of maximising quieter times and developing footfall
- A focus on ethical business practices and environmental issues from a professional standpoint
Local knowledge of Solihull would be beneficial to your application. Experience of working in branded and independent businesses would also be advantageous.
We are looking to hear from those who have held the role of General Manager, Restaurant Manager, Restaurant Operations Manager, Food & Beverage Manager, GM, Hotel Manager, Bar and Restaurant Manager, or Maitre D.
Webrecruit and Boston Tea Party are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to make an impact as our next General Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.