Social Media Editors - Daily Star & Daily Express
We are on the hunt for 4 Social Media Editors to join our team at the Daily Star and Daily Express.
The social media editor will work with the editorial team across the Daily Star and Daily Express' various social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
You'll need a passion for innovation, a desire to experiment with different platforms and know how to build and nurture audiences.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 540 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, viewed by 110m unique browsers every month.
- Pitch stories informed by what is engaging well on social media platforms
- Edit and post stories and videos on the Daily Express and Daily Stars social pages
- Oversee successful implementation of social media strategies
- Forward plan social media content and coverage
- Create best practice documentation
- Cover live events and breaking news on social media
- Monitor the competitive landscape to identify trends - and communicate findings
- Disseminate knowledge and best practice across the business, but particularly in the newsroom
- Work in team managing Express and Star's social media feeds and messages
- Help to ensure Express and Star's content is getting maximum referrals from social media
- Assist with product testing of new social media developments
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have at least three years professional experience working with social media, with proven experience in a digital newsroom.
You will also need in-depth knowledge of social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
We are looking for candidates with excellent communications skills with the ability to be fast, but accurate workers.
In addition to competitive salaries, 31 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) and a contributory pension scheme, we also offer an interest free travel season ticket loan and subsidised gym membership.
This job will involve shift work including evenings and weekends. Hours will vary, but candidates must be flexible.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.