Supporter Relations Intern (Fundraising)
The Supporter Relationships team is responsible for managing and developing the Rainbow Trust Major Donor programme. The team is focused on account managing existing supporters and developing relationships with new prospective donors.
The fundraising intern will provide general support to the Supporter Relationships Manager (SRM). The intern will also have responsibility for developing and executing a sales and marketing strategy for a book, already printed, which is being sold in support of Rainbow Trust across Hampshire.
Activities and responsibilities:
- Identifying and liaising with prospective retailers for the book being sold in support of Rainbow Trust
- Communicating effectively internally with the team and other colleagues, and externally with supporters.
- Logging important information on the database.
- Providing important support at events and representing Rainbow Trust to the public.
- Attending and contributing to weekly meetings with the community team.
A typical day might involve:
- Sending out letters or reports to donors.
- Updating supporter information on the database, ensuring that it is always up to date.
- Dealing with supporter queries and requests, for example, handling RSVPs to Major Donor events.
Sales and Marketing
- Developing a list of prospective retailers for the book and ensuring a pipeline of research.
- Contacting and meeting prospective retailers to sell in the book and encourage them to place an order.
- Managing and tracking all orders made including invoicing.
- Drafting letters and emails to existing and potential supporters.
- Ensuring the database is updated with actions for each major donor and prospect
- General office administration - Filing, photocopying, mail-merging etc.
- Researching prospective donors.
You can expect to gain experience in the following areas:
- Knowledge of how the third sector operates
- Working in a fast-paced office environment
- Using various computer software including a database
- Research skills
- Both written and verbal communication, internally and externally
- Event organisation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills - MS office
- Ability to undertake research as instructed
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Great attention to detail
- Confident telephone manner
- Ability to see a task through to the end.
- Happy, 'can-do' approach to work
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter and CV, highlighting which intern placement you are applying for, to
Please note, this is an up-paid position for 2 - 3 months, 2 - 3 days a week. Lunch and travel expenses will be reimbursed.