Horizon Search & Selection currently have a number of interesting opportunities working within the Production Print industry. We are seeking two Products Engineers for our client based at their impressive facility in the West Midlands.The company are a multinational Imaging and electronics company and this position will be working from the site based in Telford, Shropshire. Primarily this site is responsible for the manufacture of eco-friendly and versatile wide format document centres and large format printers and professional printing solutions.
The purpose of this position is to take responsibility for providing engineering support for Production Print, Cut Sheet and Wide Format Products, ensuring that the company remains up to date with product and industry knowledge, printing technologies and application techniques. We are seeking a talented Engineer who will be able to apply this knowledge to develop self, company resources and production processes. To lead projects such as:
- SQCDE ( Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery & Ecology) improvements
- Product Transfers
- Managing Equipment or Process Introductions of behalf of the business
- Managing Internal, External and Company resources to achieve project objectives
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Project Manage customer driven projects
- Product/ Equipment installation, configuration, maintenance and repair
- Product/ Equipment & operation process training
- Design, set up and carry out product performance & evaluation experiment tests
- Provide technical input into improvement of existing& futures product design & developments
- Carry out investigation and product developments making recommendations to the business for Continuous Improvement/ cost down both as part of a team and autonomously as required
- Feasibility study, concept development, cost analysis, design proving (theoretical and practical) Presentation of ideas and options to management, implementation of solution (physical and procedural) and hand over
- Lead investigations into daily SQCDE issues leading to root cause identification, implementation of permanent countermeasures on behalf of the company
- Plan and Manager external resources and projects, recommending to management resource requirements to achieve project SQCDE targets
- Representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars etc.
- Normally receives little instruction on day to day work, general instructions will come with new assignments
- Working in conjunction with related functional groups
- From time to time, may orient, train, assign and check the work of other employees
For this interesting and involved role, we are seeking a talented Engineer who has a proven background within a similar role and a passion for learning.
Other skills and attributes include:
- Educated to Degree Level within a relevant subject or proven industry experience
- Ideally experience within Cut Sheet/ Wide Format Printing Technologies or Ink Jet Technologies
- Experience within project or programme management within a technical manufacturing environment
- Self -confident with good client & customer facing skills and the ability to effectively present technical information
- Problem solving skills along with technical reporting skills
- Proactive with a drive to succeed and achieve results
- Self-directed, plan and prioritise own workload with occasional guidance from the management team
- The ability to manage a number of parallel projects & activities with changeable priorities and deadlines
- Comfortable working on complex issues of board scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Also the ability to select methods and techniques for obtaining the best results
This role offers a competitive salary and generous benefits which include profit related bonus, executive medical and private health cover. Such a truly brilliant opportunity to work with a global player in the Industrial Print Industry. To apply, please send your CV to Gemma Turp today!
Due to the high volume of CV's we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter to hear about all of our latest jobs!