Graduate Safety and Risk Consultant
About The Role CIQHP
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious graduate with an interest in risk management and autonomous vehicles to join TRL as part of our Risk Management team.
TRL is a centre of excellence for future transport and provides organisations with the evidence base to enable future innovation in transportation. The risk management team provides innovative risk management solutions and advice to a wide range of customers across the field of transportation, including autonomous vehicle and HGV platooning trials.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
This opportunity will suit an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who wants to be central to ensuring the safety of future transport and is keen to develop and learn. You will be involved in:
- Assisting in the development of innovative risk management solutions
- Designing safety systems and standards for large cutting edge research projects
- Developing safety cases, risk assessments and safety management systems to ensure safety during trials and testing
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience within a commercial engineering or consultancy environment.
- Excellent report writing skills and communication
- A broad understanding of safety risk management and the autonomous vehicle industry
- A good degree (2.1 or above) and strong educational background.
- A PhD or MSc level qualification in a related area would be highly desirable.
Eligible candidates must be able to demonstrate fluency in both verbal and written English and be comfortable liaising with and presenting information to 3 rd party customers.
This is an immediate opportunity to start 1 st quarter 2019.
At TRL we offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Support for professional memberships and study
- 25 days annual leave
- Life Assurance cover and Group Income Protection
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible benefits package (including child care vouchers, discounted gym membership etc.)