Financial Accounting Assistant
Are you a Finance Assistant currently studying towards your accountancy qualifications? Do you have a passion for delivering first-class work and like the idea of progressing your career even further by joining an award winning travel organisation? As Financial Accounting Assistant you will be based in Chester and will enjoy a salary ranging from GBP20,000 - GBP24,000.
We have openings for three friendly and self-motivated Financial Accounting Assistants who are either part qualified or qualified with AAT or equivalent. You will have great attention to detail and business acumen to support the Financial Accountants who are responsible for the transaction processing, financial management, reporting and integrating new acquisitions for this expanding leading rental property company.
You will be a constant role model for the company values, spreading best practise throughout the business while demonstrating excellent teamwork, ensuring that the decisions you make are with the company values in mind.
This is a highly varied role with responsibilities including:
- Supporting the Financial Accountants and wider finance team with accounting requirements for existing and new acquisitions
- Liaising with colleagues around the business and at the acquisition sites as part of the integration and accounting processes
- Supporting and resolving finance queries from teams at acquisition sites
- Supporting the Financial Accountants with production of full month end financial reports and balance sheet reconciliations for acquisitions, to include operational accounting and the financial forecasts and results
- Assisting the Financial Accountants with production of the year end statutory accounts (including consolidation) compliant with IFRS
- General acquisition integration support e.g. reviewing processes, transferring systems, general administration.
- Supporting external audit requirements.
- Production of monthly bank reconciliations
- Production of daily receipts reconciliation
- Processing of invoices, payments and other financial transactions
- Assisting with completion of any returns and other compliance requirements
- Assist in improving processes across the company to increase efficiency
- Liaising with other departments and supporting ad-hoc requests
- Working with the existing team to support projects and other aspects of financial reporting.
- Working with the existing team to support internal audit requirements
- Minimum - training for or AAT qualified (or equivalent).
- Experience working with Excel to an intermediate (or higher) standard.
- Attention to detail
- Friendly approach to all members of the organisation
- Highly self-motivated and proactive
- Professional approach and attitude
- Takes ownership
- Maintains focus under pressure
- Demonstrates a positive attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with various accounting packages such as Sage 50, Sage 200, Xero.
- Experience working in a commercial finance department.
- Assist in the operation and development of the finance department
- Ensure best practices are used throughout the finance department
- Assist in other areas as and when necessary
- Comprehensive financial support to the business during projects.
Although we work hard, we also believe in rewarding that hard work. In addition to salaries, we offer a generous benefits package including:
- 33 days' holiday (including bank holidays)
- An additional day off during the week of your Birthday
- Annual bonus scheme
- Staff pension
- Private Medical
- Death in Service payment
- Subsidised park and ride passes
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Long service awards - cash payments and increases in holiday allowances
- Staff discount on cottage holidays
- Free worldwide travel insurance (including family members)
- Wellness extras, including free annual flu jabs, reflexology sessions and free fruit supplied in the office