Lead Business Analyst (Markets Legal Agreements)
Overall Purpose of Role
- This role is expected to perform the business analysis involving Markets Legal agreements (ISDA, GMRA, GMSLA, etc.,) business processes across multiple regions, and identify dependencies/linkages synergies/variations within teams and locations in order to assist with the development of the business architecture of Legal Markets agreements in sync with the strategic vision. This role is also expected to line manage one or more business analysts.
- Clearly define the business architecture post discussion with key Legal stakeholders and align project scope to the overall business vision.
- Lead and facilitate process re-engineering workshops and process reviews with Legal / GCS/other functions SMEs (local and global).
- Where appropriate, understand and document the underlying As-Is processes, systems and data used by the impacted processes and identify opportunities to improve and leverage them.
- The ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions
- Lead the To-Be process design, associated Functional Design and deliver the business & system requirements in the form of User stories and acceptance criteria
- Work with technology teams to implement the functional design and be a conduit between technology and business teams
- Validate the technology solutions on behalf of senior stakeholders, Legal/GCS/Other functions SMEs and support teams and help business to adopt the new technology solutions
- Identify opportunities to enhance the controls of processes to further aid future improvements;
- Perform data analysis to identify process footprints and study key performance indicators to identify improvement opportunities in the process.
- Identify key improvement opportunities in the Legal processes and quantify associated business benefits.
- Support the design and implementation of suitable controls based on identification and documentation of risks within the proposed process solution.
Risk and Control Objective [This section is mandatory for all role profiles and must not be deleted]
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- Experience in business architecture and business analysis in Legal agreements data within Markets business
- Experience in enterprise-wide view of the Markets business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- Experience in Functional design and User stories preparation in technology implementation projects using agile methodologies
- Experience of working to tight deadlines in a fast-moving environment
- Experience in working with complex, interdependent process frameworks
- Experience in IBM Blue works Process modelling toolkit
- Experience in Markets Legal Agreement data model designs
- Experience of End to End System/process change
Academic and professional qualifications
- ISEB Business Analysis - Preferred
- Educated to Degree Level
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written.
- Ability to articulate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple deliverables
- Highly energetic and productive, positive and influential
- Commercially aware
- A perceptive and enquiring mind that challenges where appropriate
- Exceptional eye for detail and ability to distil complex problems into their component parts
- Very strong organisational and time management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player but self-reliant and able to work on own initiative
- Belief in, and demonstration of, the firms values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship