Senior Consulting Manager - Local Government
Senior Consulting Manager
Local Government Sector
Location: UK Mobile
Sopra Steria is recruiting for a Senior Consulting Manager to join our growing consultancy team within our Government sector. We are a successful, growing team with the freedom to set our own direction and a determination to build sustainable business by putting our clients' success first.
The Senior Consulting Manager will be experienced in digital transformation, working with C-Level client stakeholders and able to provide digital strategy and transformation consultancy to clients in the local government sector. The Senior Consulting Manager will be responsible for identifying, developing and winning consulting and business development opportunities against target local government accounts and clients.
The Senior Consulting Manager will be an expert practitioner in one or more of the following key competencies: Business Case Development; Business Process Reengineering; Operating Model Design; Continual Improvement (EG: LEAN, Six Sigma) and use of digital technologies and new ways of working (incl; DevOps; AGILE development; service design) to enhance the productivity and efficiency.
- Bring sector knowledge and understanding of the key business and digital technology issues to help our clients meet their key challenges and opportunities.
- Identifying, developing and winning consulting and business development opportunities against target local government accounts and clients
- Leading on shaping, creating and delivering client engagements in that deliver high value outcomes for our clients and high value, sustainable business for Sopra Steria.
- Overseeing consultancy projects or proposals in order to ensure delivery is in line with agreed scope, deliverables, timescales and to the required commercial, financial and quality measures in order to achieve revenue targets and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the overall project client relationship so that high levels of customer satisfaction result from the quality and added value delivered.
- Leading on bid opportunities for large scale or complex projects
- Identify and develop client relationships including using your own & Sopra Steria's network to build a pipeline of consulting opportunities.
- Maintain and further develop an in-depth knowledge and expertise within their specialist areas through networking and research in order contribute to the success of projects, the development of client offerings and general business development.
- Develop and contribute to the development of our consulting capability through new approaches and offerings.
- Be seen as a prominent member of the Sopra Steria consulting brand, both by clients and more widely through networks and events.
- Manage the delivery of your own and your team's work to ensure we meet required standards and go beyond this to delight our clients.
- A track record of delivering agile digital transformation consulting within local government or public sector.
- Experience of identifying, developing and winning consulting and business development opportunities.
- Experienced in defining Return on Investment with building and creating complex business cases.
- Delivering value to businesses through digital transformation initiatives.
- Understanding of the products, processes, systems and players in the government sector.
- Strong knowledge of the current issues within the market including digital transformation, operational improvement, business retention, product innovation.
- Experience of describing and positioning propositions that embrace all domains of the client's operating model including a business processes, organisational change and information technology.
- Experienced in defining Return on Investment and creating compelling business cases.
- Ability to define business operating strategies and solutions, and the benefits these deliver.
- Presentation of business and technical solutions to senior client executives in formal presentations, question and answer sessions and on reference visits.
- Experience of developing service propositions and taking these to market.
- Experience of team building, staff support and development including coaching/mentoring.
The successful candidate will be required to go through a SC Security Clearance.
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end to end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.