Social Inclusion Project Worker / Support Worker
Job Title: Social Inclusion Project Worker
Location: Grays, Thurrock
Salary: £20,000 - £21,500 per annum
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent, 36 hours per week (groups will take place evenings)
Closing Date: 29th January 2019
The Company is a registered charity working with young people, families and vulnerable adults in Thurrock and Essex. They have been providing help and support to young people and vulnerable adults since 1979. They consist of a number of services and projects providing help and support leading to independence and they employ paid staff, volunteers and students.
They are looking for an experienced youth worker who can support young care leavers aged 17 to 25 living in Thurrock. The purpose of the role is to support young people who are socially isolated to establish new networks and social groups, while helping them develop their independent living skills. Mentoring skills and the ability to work with groups are essential elements of this role.
- To identify and make contact with Care Leavers who are considered as being socially isolated or at risk of social isolation
- To support identified individuals to access regular group meetings and activities by providing one to one support as required
- To provide individual mentoring for identified young people, who may require extra support
- To co-plan and facilitate group meetings, working with participants on a range of informal education programmes
- To work with participants helping them increases self- esteem, confidence and independence
- To work with participants helping them develop budgeting and shopping skills
- To take part in, and support organised activities and trips
- To maintain client records and complete monitoring and evaluation forms
- To demonstrate, supervise, support and in practical skills sessions such as basic cooking
- To undertake the preparation and administration that may be necessary to undertake the duties of the post including hiring venues and ensuring they are fit for purpose
- To undertake safeguarding training and work within these guidelines
- To contribute to the overall work of the organisation and to attend staff and policy meetings when possible
- To work with other agencies and individuals as required to maximise the opportunities for young people involved in the programme
- To attend regular supervision
- A firm commitment to work within a framework of equal opportunities
- Experience of working with young people (16-25)
- The ability to handle information sensitively and to treat it with confidentiality.
- Informal education/ social/ youth work or teaching experience
- Experience of working with groups
- Financially literate (personal budgeting)
- A commitment to helping service users develop independence and reduce dependency.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Prepared to be flexible
- Computer literate
- Full driving license with access to a vehicle
- A commitment to continuous learning and further training
- Food Hygiene
- Cookery Skills
What they offer:
- 25 days + bank holidays
- Travel expenses from The Beehive, West Street, Grays will be paid
- Other agreed out of pocket expenses will be paid
- A mobile phone will be provided
- Regular supervision and training will be provided
Due to the nature of this post it will be necessary to undertake an enhanced DBS check, a minimum of 2 references will be required.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Support Worker, Homelessness Support Worker, Homelessness Support Assistant, Homelessness worker, Young Person Support Worker, Youth Support, Enabler, Support Assistant, Social Care, Social Worker, Vulnerable Adult, LSW, LSA, Support Assistant, Carer, Care Worker, Care Helper, Care Assist, Adult Support Worker, Vulnerable Group Support, Social Outreach Officer will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Social Inclusion Project Worker / Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly