- Support the UK Risk Manager in delivering the second line Risk and Compliance Charter.
- Co-ordinate Operational Risk and specific assigned sub risk areas of the RF.
- Looking across the UK region, defining generic Risk Library, challenge and author of Operational Risk reporting to UK Risk and Compliance Committee (RACC).
- Work in collaboration with senior management and business function leads across Lowell UK (principally Directors and Heads of) to ensure:
- Major risks are identified and analysed.
- Events identified are logged on the event management system, appropriate corrective action is in place to address, timescales to correct are realistic and actions closed off.
- Provide a professional and pragmatic advisory service across Lowell UK on risk and event matters.
- Support management and make recommendations in the design/implementation of risk MI.
- Input into the development and approach to risk management across Lowell UK, including evolution of the risk management system.
- Promote a positive Risk Culture.
- Support the development of governance, risk and event awareness and training.
- Support Lowell UK maintain quality and integrity in its business systems and dealings with customers, third parties and regulators and that MI from the risk system and reporting meets business need.
- Focus on and promote programmes and developments designed to embed risk management in line with the Groups 3 lines of defence model.
- Prepare reports for RACC, the Board, external bodies and clients.
- Work with the business to develop and maintain appropriate processes and procedures, ensuring adherence to the RF, compliance with company policy, legislation and regulatory guidance.
- Highlight specific events and trends and provide recommendations to the business to deliver improvements to processes and procedures.
Functional expertise/main job related skills
- Achieving and driving results.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Good decision making skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Influencing skills.
- Planning and organisation skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail.
- Professional: demonstrating gravitas.
- Strong use of initiative: Self-starter and motivator.
- Intermediate/advanced Microsoft Office skills (in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio).