Personal Tax Manager/Senior Manager, Top 40 Firm Central London
A Top 40 firm based are looking for a Personal Tax Manager or Senior Manager to join their Central London office. This role is mixed compliance and advisory which will be very non-dom heavy. In this role, you will be managing a team of staff as well as your own portfolio. In terms of the role, you will be managing a portfolio consisting of personal tax, some trusts, IHT planning and sole traders. You will be assisting the Partners on advisory matters.
The firm are a well-established and renowned accountancy firm with offices around the UK. Being based in the Central London office, you have excellent transport links and a vibrant and modern office with a firm looking to the future of modern tax practice. If you are looking for a larger firm with the feel of a smaller team, this role is ideal.
- You will have a mixed portfolio of personal tax clients, including specifically non-doms, HNWIs, sole-traders, partnerships and offshore trusts.
- You will assist the Partners with advisory work; including preparing reports on matters such as IHT planning, residence, pre arrival planning, offshore trusts and de-enveloping UK residential property.
- The preparation and attendance at client meetings and ensuring all follow up work is carried out timely and appropriately taking into consideration budgets.
- Liaising with clients on routine and ad-hoc assignments including correspondence by email, telephone and face to face meetings.
- Matters to include inheritance tax, income tax and capital gains tax;
- Overseeing the collation of all the information needed to prepare the tax return involving liaising with other third party professionals and the clients themselves;
- Dealing with all aspects of income tax (including National Insurance) and capital gains tax including reviewing PAYE coding notices where appropriate;
- Reviewing tax returns prepared by other members of staff
- You must be CTA Qualified with a minimum of 5 years in a Personal Tax role
- You are required to have up to date knowledge of non-domicile and off-shore trusts
- Be comfortable managing a team, reviewing their work and assisting with their development
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.